Re:~ Ugh: The Beach Boys ... They're back ...
Hello all ,
Seen the Beach Boys over 100 times in many variations . It is fantastic that they are back together but they have all used great backing bands for many yrs .
The Beach Boys have been licensed by Mike Love for many yrs . Bruce Johnston and occasionally David Marks will tour with them with a great back up band who "hit " the notes .
Brian Wilson has been backed by The Wondermints band for many yrs , former BB Band member Jeffrey Fosket has been the main guy with Brian . He does not play the keyboards at many shows but uses it as he feels comfortable sitting behind it .
Al Jardine has toured as Beach Boy Family and Friends for a few yrrs until he was sued by Mike who had licensed the name , you get the idea there has been a lot of that going on with these guys .
Five top Beach Boy Shows I attended
1) 4th of July 1983 on the beach in Atlantic City - one of the last shows with all five original members as Dennis died at end of yr . Followed them entire summer on the East Coast spending my college tuition money (:
2) 4th of July 1984 Washington Monument DC - over 1 million of us , I can be seen on a HBO concert footage right up front in crowd. And Ringo Starr on drums with America jamming and Julio Engliasis as well .
3) Brian Wilson comeback Tour June 1998 - Beacon Theatre NYC - Was sitting right behind Ronnie Spector , 15 standing ovations as Brian returned to touring , and I scored a bootleg video of show as well , very rare .
4) Great Adventure summer of 83 - Two shows snagged front row standing for both , after first cleared they let us stay as we were waiting all day to get in . Firefall opened for them and were at the top of the game . Dennis who was a mess threw a beer can "Budweiser " that I tried to snatch , my buddy did and cut his hand , blead pretty bad but he would not give up the spot or the can . He still has it .
5) Hartford Civic Center 1981 - First show 2nd row center , all the originals , almost got tossed out when i started surfing on the seats during Surfin USA , hahahahaha .
So Im very happy to see they have overcome their differences and will surely be rewarded with nice paydays .
Enjoy the music I will in Bethel Woods and possibly a few other spots in june
Love and Mercy