On the way to Key West

pepsifan4576
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
On the way to Key West - Tue, 05/1/12 10:50 PM
Hi-This is my first post so I hope it goes well.  I had a delightful experience on my way to Key West this past Sunday.  I stopped in Plantation Key right before mile marker 90 at Craig's.  It had a sign outside that said the "Famous fish sandwich."  That is all I needed to hear.  It has a down home atmosphere to the place.  I ordered the fish sandwich with fries and slaw.  I had brought something in to read while I waited.  I probably read one or two paragraphs and my food was out already.  It looked so good.  I must say that it was one of the finest fish sandwiched that this old man has ever had.  I would highly recommend it to you.  And the service was so friendly.  If I ever drive Rte 1 back to Key West again I will make sure I stop at Craig's.

6star
  • Total Posts : 4388
Re:On the way to Key West - Tue, 05/1/12 11:17 PM
Thank you for your report, and welcome to Roadfood!  As near as I can tell, no one has done a report on Craig's before, so yours can be very helpful for anyone heading that way.  By the way, I am a Pepsi (Throwback) fan also.

buffetbuster
  • Total Posts : 9784
Re:On the way to Key West - Wed, 05/2/12 7:49 AM
pepsifan4576-
Welcome to Roadfood!  Do you remember what kind of fish they used in the sandwich at Craig's?

pepsifan4576
  • Total Posts : 3
Re:On the way to Key West - Wed, 05/2/12 11:22 PM
They had four varieties of fish available.  They had dolphin and I believe catfish as a cheaper option.  If I remember right grouper was one of the more expensive options.  I think it was $2 more. I had a fish, something like blue fin, that I am familiar with so I could be off.  The waitress told me it was the authentic choice.  Sorry I don't remember a detail like that.