My oh my, Uncle Willie's Pies

Maynerd
  • Total Posts : 256
  • Reward points : 0
My oh my, Uncle Willie's Pies - Thu, 02/26/04 4:11 PM
Just back from lunch from Top Cat, my favorite catfish place. They serve Uncle Willies pie for dessert in individually packaged slices. I had the Sweet potato pie, the first time I've seen it offered. Now that was some pie!. Looks like they use simple ingredients: Fresh Sweet Potatoes, Pure Cane Sugar,Cinnamon, Concentrated Vanilla, Fresh Whole eggs, Salt, Nutmeg, Butter. That's it. No ingredients that you need a chemistry degree to know what it is.

If you ever fly into Love Field Dallas, hop over to Top Cat and have some catfish, gumbo, shrimp, oysters, hushpuppies, fries and an ice tea, and treat yourself to a piece of pie.

Uncle Willie's Pies
Dallas, Texas 75233
214-333-9492

Disclamer: I am not employed or connected to Uncle Willie's Pies nor Top Cat, just like their food!

Lone Star
  • Total Posts : 1730
RE: My oh my, Uncle Willie's Pies - Thu, 02/26/04 4:41 PM
Maynerd - I have never heard of Uncle Willies Pies. Are they just done locally for Dallas?

Maynerd
  • Total Posts : 256
RE: My oh my, Uncle Willie's Pies - Thu, 02/26/04 5:39 PM
Lone Star, I assume so. I've only seen them for sale at Top Cat. I'm sure they are available elsewhere. Doesn't look like they are fancy enough for a web site either.

EDIT: I just called Uncle Willie. They have a small store in Oak Cliff ( South Dallas). He is planning on getting a web site up and running and when he does, he will ship pies. He told me he shipped a few pies to some relatives up north and they arrived OK. I told him that I posted his phone # here on roadfood and was most appreciative. I'm sure if you'd like a pie shipped, he'd be more than happy to negotiate a method of payment, shipping, etc.

ChartreuseDragon
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: My oh my, Uncle Willie's Pies - Thu, 10/25/07 10:40 AM
Uncle Willie moved to Cedar Hill a couple of years ago.
My house burned recently, and I went online to find his number, but
Uncle Willie's Pies
Dallas, Texas 75233
214-333-9492

is not current. I'll try to re-post if I find the current #. If anybody else has it, post it.

Thanx, Chris.

(in memory of Uncle Willies AWESOME Pecan Pies)