Shady Glen Manchester CT wins James Beard Foundation Award

Author
Mod Betty / RetroRoadmap.com
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 24
2012/05/08 09:17:12 (permalink)

Shady Glen Manchester CT wins James Beard Foundation Award

Shady Glen Dairy Store and Restaurant in Manchester CT - home of the 4-cheese-slice  Bernice Original cheeseburger received a 2012 James Beard Foundation America’s Classics award last night in NYC.

"Covering all aspects of the industry—from chefs and restaurateurs to cookbook authors and food journalists to restaurant designers and architects and more—the Beard Awards are the highest honor for food and beverage professionals working in North America."

I can't link to it since I haven't reached 30 posts, but there's a video about the restaurant and the award, at the James Beard site, or on my site RetroRoadmap.com. 

We really enjoyed our visit here last fall - it totally reminded me of places I'd go with my grandmother or great aunts as a kid. Retro Roadhusband and I split a Bernice Original and a "Cheesefurter" so I could have room for some of their delicious ice cream. Well worth the stop, and a return visit!

Glad to see places like this getting recognition - I always like to say that a Rising Tide Floats All Boats!

Mod Betty / RetroRoadmap.com

1 Reply Related Threads

rumaki
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1078
    Re:Shady Glen Manchester CT wins James Beard Foundation Award 2012/05/08 11:42:05 (permalink)
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1