$145.OO HOT DOG!

Double Cheeseburger
2012/05/18 11:18:08
Aplace here in sacramenty is planning to serve a 145.00 hot dog- its a charity thing but still could not imagine ever having one.......http://www.sacbee.com/2012/05/18/4495629/capitol-dawg-going-for-guinness.html   ...would you try one?
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:$145.OO HOT DOG! 2012/05/18 11:30:09
Thank goodness he is bringing the World Record for most expensive hot dog back to the U.S.A., where it belongs.  As for the dog itself, it sure sounds like it would be interesting to try, but I wouldn't pay over $140.00 for it.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:$145.OO HOT DOG! 2012/05/18 21:03:47
Moose Milk??????
How do you milk a Moose???
VERY Carefully!!!!" />
FriedClamFanatic
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:$145.OO HOT DOG! 2012/05/19 22:55:37
Um.as someone older than dirt (was not invented when i was born............and the Dead Sea was only slightly ill), I can remember 25 cent burgers and 15 cent dogs.  Ok, they were promos, but, $145???????????  It's ok kids, you didn't need that inheritance anyway.think of the taxes you would have had to pay.

And 7000 miles to kiss a moose? Bring Back Bullwinkle!
ScreenBear
Re:$145.OO HOT DOG! 2012/05/19 23:29:12
Is there a week that goes by that someone, somewhere doesn't shock us by how much they're charging for a hot dog? We go "ooh and ah." Gold flakes, truffles and charity are often buzz words included in the article. I wonder... if I visited a parallel universe would there be the same thing going on, but instead it's a 24 oz. Kobe steak being sold for only 12 cents...and that includes baked potato, a trip to the salad bar and a blueberry cobbler for dessert?

The Bear

post edited by ScreenBear - 2012/05/19 23:48:28
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:$145.OO HOT DOG! 2012/05/20 02:23:54
ScreenBear
Is there a week that goes by that someone, somewhere doesn't shock us by how much they're charging for a hot dog? We go "ooh and ah." Gold flakes, truffles and charity are often buzz words included in the article. I wonder... if I visited a parallel universe would there be the same thing going on, but instead it's a 24 oz. Kobe steak being sold for only 12 cents...and that includes baked potato, a trip to the salad bar and a blueberry cobbler for dessert? 
The Bear

Maybe on 12/21/12 we'll get blown to that "Parallel Universe"!!!
Signed,
The Mayan Chieftain
(Like me on Facebook)
post edited by Foodbme - 2012/05/20 02:26:15
gostillerz
Cheeseburger
Re:$145.OO HOT DOG! 2012/05/20 16:16:27
I agree with the bear. I'm going to make the $1000 meatloaf. Fois gras infused Kobe beef (cooked medium rare of course), topped with gold leaf, onion reduction with the most expensive wine in the world and so many truffle shavings, it would make a dog puke. Will it be good? Of course! It's expensive so it must be good.

I'm more shocked that McDonald's is selling a McDouble with lettuce and tomato for 2 bucks. I went to a McD's and ordered a McDouble and had the lady add lettuce and tomato. She asked if I wanted the new whatever it's called and I said no. It ended up costing me $1.25. Stupid McDonald's.
ScreenBear
Re:$145.OO HOT DOG! 2012/05/20 21:29:19
'Tis a wise gastronome who can tell the difference beteeen the culinary world's answer to the emperor's new clothes and a truly valid embellishment of a common dish.

There's something enticing to jaded tastes about a gustatory version of the oxymoron: i.e- the hundred dollar hot dog. It's an insult to the hot dog....implying that it is lowly, and easily upgraded when, in essence the simple beauty of an average-priced, top quality frankfurter is as honest-to-goodness as the truth itself.

The Bear
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:$145.OO HOT DOG! 2012/05/21 03:11:22
"The weather here is gorgeous. It's mild and feels like it's in the eighties. The hot dog vendors got confused because of the weather and thought it was spring, so they accidentally changed the hot dog water in their carts."
--David Letterman
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:$145.OO HOT DOG! 2012/05/21 03:20:51
[quote=ScreenBear]
'Tis a wise gastronome who can tell the difference beteeen the culinary world's answer to the emperor's new clothes and a truly valid embellishment of a common dish.
There's something enticing to jaded tastes about a gustatory version of the oxymoron: i.e- the hundred dollar hot dog. It's an insult to the hot dog....implying that it is lowly, and easily upgraded when, in essence the simple beauty of an average-priced, top quality frankfurter is as honest-to-goodness as the truth itself. The Bear

A hot dog at the ball park is better than steak at the Ritz.
--- Humphey Bogart