Izzy's Ice Cream on Marshall Avenue is awesome.
Izzy's is truly da bomb. Their salted caramel is one of my favorite ice creams.
Other places vaguely in that part of MSP that I rather like include, roughly in order:
1. Everest on Grand (very good Nepalese)
2. Highland Grill (upscale diner food, excellent breakfasts... a bit of a haul from Macalester without transport)
3. St Clair Broiler (nothing fancy, but good, solid malts and burgers)
4. Khyber Pass (Afghan food)
5. Groveland Tap (roadfood-worthy burgers)
6. Nook (more roadfood-worthy burgers)