Newbie/First Post/ Introduction and Food Truck questions!

Tony Corley
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
Newbie/First Post/ Introduction and Food Truck questions! - Tue, 05/22/12 9:23 AM
Hey all. My name is Tony.  Been reading these forums for awhile now. Lots of great information.
I am strongly considering taking the plunge and building/operating a FoodTruck. I've been doing my homework and have my name, menu, recipes, food cost , truck building expenses, ins. cost, etc, etc, etc,  worked out. I feel I have a pretty good understanding of what the truck needs to turn to stay profitable. The unknown that I have, (as everyone else does, I'm sure), is what kind of volume can be expected. I understand that location, menu, price, weather, etc are all variables that make it almost impossible to gauge. But for the sake of clarity, assuming that the menu is desirable and reasonably priced, (let's use gourmet burgers and fresh cut fries with drink at around $8 as a reference),and the truck is in a relatively high traffic area, what would/should be considered an average customer head count for lunch (11 to 2)?  I know what it needs to be to make a profit, just hoping maybe some feedback from you guys that are doing it everyday can help me understand what to expect. Thanks in advance.

Tony Corley
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Newbie/First Post/ Introduction and Food Truck questions! - Tue, 05/22/12 4:41 PM
I guess all I'm really asking is under normal circumstances, (not an event), what kind of average head count do you see? I know it will be different for each vendor, but just trying to get an idea, or at least determine if I'm even in the ballpark with what to expect?