Doughnuts at a festival

Cheeseburger
2012/05/26 18:04:38
Anyone doing doughnuts at festivals, flea markets, etc. Wondering what to charge for how many doughnuts? The event starts at 7 a.m. so I'm thinking I can sell some breakfast. Thanks.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:Doughnuts at a festival 2012/05/26 22:05:33
It wasn't an event but this donut truck was on an episode of Eat St.

http://www.sugarlipsminidonuts.com/eat.html

Cute little babies...made with a Belshaw. I believe the toppings of that day were bacon bits & jalapeƱo jam.
chefbuba
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Doughnuts at a festival 2012/05/27 01:03:55
Saw a vendor at the farmers market last week, $3.50 a dozen

I'm talking mini's hot off the press.......Is this what you were asking about?
post edited by chefbuba - 2012/05/27 11:09:28
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:Doughnuts at a festival 2012/05/27 04:02:42
holdem
Anyone doing doughnuts at festivals, flea markets, etc. Wondering what to charge for how many doughnuts? The event starts at 7 a.m. so I'm thinking I can sell some breakfast. Thanks.

Price depends on cost & quality. Fancy or plain. Costco or private shop? Unless you also sell coffee, sales will be limited. Best way to find out? Try it!
holdem
Cheeseburger
Re:Doughnuts at a festival 2012/05/27 20:25:38
Thanks. I'm going to do regular size doughnuts with plain toppings.
Tristan225
Cheeseburger
Re:Doughnuts at a festival 2012/05/27 22:26:16
Man I LOVE those greasy little "lil orbits" hot from the fryer. I've seen them sell real well even without coffee, in the afternoon. 
Brian Briggs
Junior Burger
Re:Doughnuts at a festival 2012/05/27 23:46:34
I agree, the lil orbits are awesome. Checked into cost of their sytem. Ouch $$$$$$$$$ Not in my future plans since I am not vending every weekend. However, if I was vending all the time, I could see it paying for itself quickly.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:Doughnuts at a festival 2012/05/27 23:51:36
Watching the Lil Orbit or Belshaw machine is really fun. It's action attraction.
pnwchef
Re:Doughnuts at a festival 2012/05/28 11:26:18
there was a gal on this site that worked her local flea mkt serving ice cream, if I remember right. She then bought a Lil Orbit mini doughnut machine, sales sky Rocketed. My local farmers mkt had one at the end of last yr, I thought it would do well, but they started on the last day, will have to see if they return this yr. In Hawaii they have a Hot Molasada truck at the Flea market, it's real popular, but then again Hot Molasadas sell well all over Hawaii. How could anyone pass a up warn donuts tossed with Cinn & Sugar. I think its the perfect item for a festival, sell then in 1/2 doz or 1 doz size bags. They are easy to carry ad eat while walking around the grounds..................pnwc
lornaschinske
Re:Doughnuts at a festival 2012/05/28 18:12:35
pnwchef
...  How could anyone pass a up warn donuts tossed with Cinn & Sugar...

How about making "chinese donuts"? They seem to be popular and they are very easy to make (fry up those cheap store brand "whomp'em-on -the-counter" refrigerated biscuits then  toss in cinnamon sugar mixture). My daughter worked as a hostess in a chinese restaurant for a while. That is how they make them. Most folks don't believe it. Too simple.