Snack you eat while reading Roadfood

Double Chili Cheeseburger
2012/05/31 00:16:02
OK.I know I shouldn't get crumbs on the keyboard....and drinks should be at least 3 feet away.  But..my stomach usually starts grumbling after about reading the 3rd or 4th posting.  Now, I can't run out and make a pulled pork sandwich to gush over while i read and sushi gets my fingers sticky. But..I need SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....and I need it NOWWWWWWWW!  My 2 stand-by's seem to be my home-made spicey Chex mix (bad for the fingers......must bring 4 or more paper towels along!) or my Absolute fav........Canadian Stoned Wheat Thins....the ones in the Blue Box.  Top those suckers with some P-nut butter, and if you a are avid gourmet, butter AND Peanut Butter, lean back from the screen and keyboard and Munch!  High Rollers can go for something exotic like cashew butter or almond butter (the latter I got from Whole Foods and it is one of the few divine things I've found there...but not cheap).

So, kids.fess up!........What do you run out and get after seeing the first of the scrumptious trip report photos...or read about some great hole-in-the-wall, or somebody's new recipe for pork, etc.?  And how do you make sure it doesn't end up between the t-g-h-b-j-u-y keys on your keyboard?
post edited by FriedClamFanatic - 2012/05/31 00:18:02
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:Snack you eat while reading Roadfood 2012/05/31 03:06:04
Nothing in particular and everything in general. Whatever's available.
Periodically, I turn my keyboard over and tap it lightly on the desktop.
Amazing what's been stored in there!
Try it! You'll be surprised and amazed!
post edited by Foodbme - 2012/05/31 03:07:34
kland01s
Filet Mignon
Re:Snack you eat while reading Roadfood 2012/05/31 09:23:01
Right now, salted pumpkin seeds.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:Snack you eat while reading Roadfood 2012/05/31 10:14:39
It's usually Anisette Toast with Laughing Cow cheese...or Hot Tamales candy. No keyboard issues when using an iPhone other than the Hot Tamales become a Hot Tattoo with the automatic spelling feature.
post edited by CCinNJ - 2012/05/31 10:25:09
BelleReve
Re:Snack you eat while reading Roadfood 2012/05/31 17:51:53
FCF - are you talking about Red Oval Farms stoned wheat thins?  My favorite cracker, but impossible to find.  I did just buy 2 boxes of the minis at Big Lot last week.

I like to eat Japanes rice crackers, very filling, but no greasy potato or cornn chips, and no orange residue on your fingers.  Whole foods have them in bins and you just scoop them out in a bag. 
FriedClamFanatic
Re:Snack you eat while reading Roadfood 2012/05/31 18:18:40
Yep!.Red Oval it is!.......never noticed the full name before after eating them for 30+ years.  Most of our supermarkets around here carry them, but they are getting harder and harder to find
BelleReve
Re:Snack you eat while reading Roadfood 2012/06/01 13:28:26
FCF - they come and go in a few of the independent grocery stores, even Wal-Mart, and I don't know why they stop carrying them, because they are so good, and not priced any higher than other brands.  I've been able to find them at Big Lots from time to time, the minis do fine, even when I buy a few boxes at a  time.  I've bought the regular-sized stoned wheat thins at Big Lots too, but were stale, and had an off taste, so I just stick with the minis when I see them, great with sliced Swiss or any other cheese for that matter.      

mamaduck43
Cheeseburger
Re:Snack you eat while reading Roadfood 2012/06/01 17:48:45
Ooooohhhhhh....   Thanks for the reminder - - I bought a hunk of baby Swiss cheese last week and forgot about it - - - I am off to the fridge....    
mar52
Sirloin
Re:Snack you eat while reading Roadfood 2012/06/01 19:05:49
I have a new treat I allow myself.

Greek plain yogurt (Voskos) drizzled with honey and sometimes sprinkled with walnuts.
FriedClamFanatic
Re:Snack you eat while reading Roadfood 2012/06/02 20:06:58
Sounds wonderful.........but I wouldn't anything that gooey in the same room with my computer.  I just know my keyboard would want a small taste
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:Snack you eat while reading Roadfood 2012/06/02 20:46:30
I've solved the problem of getting food in my keyboard by never sitting up to the desk when I'm at my desktop. Now if only I could come up with something similar for when I'm kicked back in the recliner with my laptop...

Typically, I'm either eating nothing (I tend to come here directly after a meal), or I'll munch on something like a fiber bar, or maybe cookies. I don't like to eat anything I have to constantly use a hand for like chips or crackers, because it interferes with my typing. Getting food on my keys is kind of a secondary concern.
DawnT
Re:Snack you eat while reading Roadfood 2012/06/03 03:40:24
Our home PC is in an armoire with a slide-out keyboard shelf. My workstation on my office desk also has  the keyboard mounted in a keyboard slider. Just the track ball is usually exposed.

I usually have a cup of coffee at my desk most of the day, but never eat or snack at my desk. At home, my PC time is after everyone's in bed and I have some time to myself. If I do snack, it's usually mini rice cakes or a pop tart with herbal tea.