News from Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles in Phoenix

Author
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10290
2012/05/31 09:29:12 (permalink)

News from Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles in Phoenix

Pardon me if this has already been reported before.....

Tuesday morning, my girlfriend and I had breakfast at the Scottsdale location of Lo-Lo's Chicken and Waffles.  Our waiter told us that they are in the process of building an entire new restaurant in Phoenix.  It will be much larger and located right next door to the original one.  You can read about it here.  They are still open at the old restaurant while the new one is being built.

He also told us they have plans to put in a location at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport.  Obviously, business is doing very well!

3 Replies Related Threads

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10289
    Re:News from Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles in Phoenix 2012/06/01 01:26:21 (permalink)
    How long are you in town? Would love to meet you. Please PM me if you have any interest in getting together if you're still here.
    I knew Lo Lo's had opened in Scottsdale but this is the first I heard about replacing the original place. That would be a crying shame! There is some vacant land around the old place and they must own it.
    As WJ said in another thread we need these older places to exist.
    How are they going to get all the athletes signatures off the walls of the old place and onto the walls of the new place?
    Charles Barkley will die when he hears this bad news!
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10290
    Re:News from Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles in Phoenix 2012/06/01 07:40:13 (permalink)
    Sorry Foodbme, Tuesday was the day we flew home.  We spent very little time in the Phoenix area, dividing most of it between Tucson and the Grand Canyon.

I have been to the Phoenix location of Lo-Lo's twice and the service can be spotty.  Our visit to the Scottsdale location was exceptional, in both service and food.
    rumaki
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1055
    Re:News from Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles in Phoenix 2012/06/01 13:49:23 (permalink)
    Thoroughly enjoyed my visit to LoLo's in Phoenix several years ago. My dining companion and I made a decision to go at an off-hour (I think it was about 4:30 p.m on a Friday), because we were eating prior to driving to Tempe for a Chuck Jones tribute and cartoon festival, which was first-come, first-serve admission, so we didn't want to be late.

The food was great and, at that hour, anyway, the service was fine.  That said, I think I like Roscoe's in Hollywood a little better. 
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1