square dropping transaction??

Double Cheeseburger
2012/06/16 18:53:51
just wondering if anyone else had any trouble with square or any of the other c.c readers. for a couple days my transactions are taking along time to process, swipe the card it vibrates to tell me its authorizing but it takes a long time to authorize i've had couple times it has dropped the transaction all together.. i've also had a couple times when it charged the customer twice!I have the same customers every day about, when the line is 5-8 deep so most times when I feel the vibration I say "ok your all set"only to have to tell them it didnt go thru ..most will tell me cause they keep track also. i've got a call into square but thought id give all a heads up... with that said alot of people are having trouble with cell phones mostly sprint but I have a virgin mobile service but I also here that some companys share the same towers? maybe thats the trouble..
post edited by Buck & Vi's - 2012/06/16 18:57:13
stubby77
Cheeseburger
Re:square dropping transaction?? 2012/06/16 21:43:10
I've not been having any problems at all. I'd bet it is the cell network. And yes, in the U.S., Virgin Mobile buys access from Sprint.
chefbuba
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:square dropping transaction?? 2012/06/16 22:52:54
I had one today that took about 15 min before I got the  conformation email...
Thought I was goint to eat $15
Most times they are instantaneous.
Buck & Vi's
Double Cheeseburger
Re:square dropping transaction?? 2012/06/17 05:54:33
chefbuba

I had one today that took about 15 min before I got the  conformation email...
Thought I was goint to eat $15
Most times they are instantaneous.

Yea, and I usualy do aout 2-225 in c.c a day so I cant loose that. I had a problem last year too .. couldnt get any signal , i've downloaded every upgrade when availalble too. what I did then was to just ran a "tab" name and supervisors name had to do it for 2 day's only had 1 person not come back to divy up.. one call to there supervisor and they were out the next morning first thing.kinda p.i.a. as the tab took 2 days for the phone to get back workin, then the 1 day before $ got into the account thought I was going to have to call YOU or bill for a loan !!LOL
THE WILD DOG
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:square dropping transaction?? 2012/06/17 10:53:27
call your cell company, they will switch your tower or boost your signal.
Lost Nation
Cheeseburger
Re:square dropping transaction?? 2012/06/22 16:13:42
I've been having trouble logging onto Square and slow transactions.
Seems I had to many apps open which cluttered the Square app up. It runs fast and steady now, I do about $20-$200 ad day with Square with limited cell coverage and no wi-fi.
Kokomo_Sno
Junior Burger
Re:square dropping transaction?? 2012/09/04 01:58:08
For a period I was having problems. I deleted the app then reinstalled. Has worked flawlessly since. 

Not saying that's what's happening here, but may help someone.