The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

"Harold's" BBQ-A Stern Fave & A Dixie Legend Closes!

ULVER

• Total Posts: 226
"Harold's" BBQ-A Stern Fave & A Dixie Legend Closes! Sat, 06/23/12 9:54 PM (permalink)
Harold's has closed!!! http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Overview/579/harolds-barbecue
The family kids just didn't care to tend the business.
Harold's was known for cracklin' cornbread, that usually ended-up in what many (including me) considered the best Bruswick stew in Dixie.

The "joint", and that IS what it was, was filled with many amazing classic retro gems. Opening the door was like walking in the 50's. Harold's can not be replaced.

I feel guilty, but years ago, I swiped a menu. Who could resist a pig in glasses, smoking a cigar! Truth be known, I'm so glad now I did...

wheregreggeats.com

Re:"Harold's" BBQ-A Stern Fave & A Dixie Legend Closes! Sat, 06/23/12 9:58 PM (permalink)
    wow ... this is a RF story with lots of ups and downs.

kevincad

• Total Posts: 399
      Re:"Harold's" BBQ-A Stern Fave & A Dixie Legend Closes! Sun, 06/24/12 8:54 AM (permalink)
      ULVER

Harold's has closed!!! http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Overview/579/harolds-barbecue
      The family kids just didn't care to tend the business.
      Harold's was known for cracklin' cornbread, that usually ended-up in what many (including me) considered the best Bruswick stew in Dixie.

The "joint", and that IS what it was, was filled with many amazing classic retro gems. Opening the door was like walking in the 50's. Harold's can not be replaced.

I feel guilty, but years ago, I swiped a menu. Who could resist a pig in glasses, smoking a cigar! Truth be known, I'm so glad now I did...

It stayed open.
      http://blogs.ajc.com/food-and-more/2012/05/02/update-harolds-barbecue-to-remain-open/

ULVER

Re:"Harold's" BBQ-A Stern Fave & A Dixie Legend Closes! Tue, 06/26/12 9:52 AM (permalink)

I went there Friday last week. It's done. Finished.

Michael Stern

Re:"Harold's" BBQ-A Stern Fave & A Dixie Legend Closes! Tue, 06/26/12 10:51 AM (permalink)
          My last visit, about a year ago, was pretty sad. It seemed like only a shadow of its former, glorious self.

kevincad

• Total Posts: 399
            Re:"Harold's" BBQ-A Stern Fave & A Dixie Legend Closes! Tue, 06/26/12 10:55 AM (permalink)
            ULVER

I went there Friday last week. It's done. Finished.

Man, that's sad. Thanks for the follow up, I was going to go see for myself, I may have shed a tear!

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7411
              • Roadfood Insider
              Re:"Harold's" BBQ-A Stern Fave & A Dixie Legend Closes! Tue, 06/26/12 11:00 AM (permalink)
              When I visited back in 2008, the pork was so rancid I was convinced I had food poisoning.......

Good Riddance.............

ULVER

Re:"Harold's" BBQ-A Stern Fave & A Dixie Legend Closes! Mon, 07/2/12 6:53 PM (permalink)

Thought that  was very interesting. And sad, that it's over with. Every one of those kids in recent years opened their own Harold's None of them lasted a year.
                I really wnt to poke my head in the door, and see if if they left everything in there.

HomeBurger

• Total Posts: 3
                  Re:"Harold's" BBQ-A Stern Fave & A Dixie Legend Closes! Sun, 07/22/12 3:53 AM (permalink)
                  actually thats weird because I also ate there around 08 and had also food poisoning.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com