Mobile Fryer oil containment

Cheeseburger
2012/06/26 14:15:35
What is your method of dealing with your hot fryer oil in a mobile unit?

Drain it into a metal container? This would be a little dangerous while hot, but a good opportunity to filter the oil before every use.

Build a cover that seals the oil in the fryer, or at least minimizes sloshing, and prevents spillage on the road?

Wait until it cools (how long will that take for a 45lb fryer?), then strain/drain it into a container

Other methods?

Dr of BBQ
Filet Mignon
Re:Mobile Fryer oil containment 2012/06/26 15:01:30
Wait until it cools (how long will that take for a 45lb fryer?), then strain/drain it into a container

About 3 hours to cool but you can drain it in less than 3 hours.
Chicnscoop
Cheeseburger
Re:Mobile Fryer oil containment 2012/06/26 16:05:03
It will need to cool to at most 300 degrees to be safe. Some plastics will melt at 350 so don't try to use any plastic cleaning brushes above that. Even at 300 the oil is quite scary to handle so I used to wait until it is 200 degrees . The oil drains through the filters better when warmer than room temp.
THE WILD DOG
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Mobile Fryer oil containment 2012/06/26 16:34:27
design a cover, you are mobile. The least bit of movement will create a wave while driving, thus having oil everywhere. You probably won't wait around for it to cool down enough to drain. A friend of mine who has a fryer on her truck had a lid made with latches. That is what I am doing too. SCREW draining it every day and screw buying new oil every day too. lol
Bistro a go-go
Cheeseburger
Re:Mobile Fryer oil containment 2012/06/26 16:53:13
yep, the oil creates a seal around the lid. this was discussed here a month or so ago.
Vic Cardenas
Cheeseburger
Re:Mobile Fryer oil containment 2012/06/26 17:35:10
If you want to stop by the truck to see what AA did it's pretty nifty. I'm sure it would be something you could fab up easily. Are you going to be at the commissary any of these upcoming days? Oh, and I'm going to need your number for nefarious plotting/scheming and such.
Buck & Vi's
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Mobile Fryer oil containment 2012/06/26 17:48:24
heres something like what I got.. I didnt get the wheels.
http://www.etundra.com/Lo...-P12014.html?token=321|||0|10|7|1|0       it was a little pricy but I dont have to wait around for oil to cool.. I did always put this on a piece of cardboard tho too, I have a tile floor..........
mofood
Cheeseburger
Re:Mobile Fryer oil containment 2012/06/27 11:30:58
Thanks for the replies. Good info. I'm started building a sealing lid.

Vic, I'll be in touch
THE WILD DOG
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Mobile Fryer oil containment 2012/06/27 16:19:04
can you post a pic vic ?