Look at ME!

Mosca
  • Total Posts : 2929
  • Reward points : 0
Look at ME! - Fri, 07/13/12 5:14 PM
That's what these kinds of posts really are. But I think this one is important, and especially since I know some folks here.

I'm no longer a 300 pounder.

Not that I set out to do this, or anything, and diet talk is boring. I still love my food. I'm still going to eat it.

But anyhow, I've lost 10%. I didn't really set it as a goal. I changed some things, but not a lot of things. I used less oil on stuff, ate less sweets and salty snacks, declined to eat the last third of whatever I was served, except I could finish the vegetables if I liked them. 2 egg omelets instead of 3 egg omelets. Hamburgers instead of cheeseburgers.I switched from ice cream and cake to watermelon and pineapple for after dinner.

I don't own a scale. I don't beat myself up. I found out how much I lost at the doctor's office today. Last time, at the end of April, it was 329; today it was 297. I might go down more, I might not... I'm not thinking of it that way, I'm thinking about how to be happy with whatever it is I do. I eat a little less because it pleases me to do that, is the only way to say it.

I hate exercise, and I don't do it. I should walk, but it seems so pointless to me, there's no destination. If it pleases me to start walking, I'll do it, but I don't think that's going to happen soon. If the dog liked being walked, I'd do it, but she walks 15 yards and sits down and looks at me like I'm an idiot. (She's an English bulldog.)

Anyhow, look at me, look at me!

chewingthefat
  • Total Posts : 6093
Re:Look at ME! - Fri, 07/13/12 5:35 PM
Damn Tom, congrats! I don't recall thinking you were real big when we met, but in any case, keep up the great work. If you have sleep apenea, it will go away if you keep losing weight, and that will really make you a happy man!
Tom

felix4067
  • Total Posts : 3292
Re:Look at ME! - Fri, 07/13/12 6:39 PM
I absolutely LOVE hearing about weight loss from the point of view of someone who is not obsessive about exercise and diets and denial! Congratulations on getting smaller, and an even bigger congratulations for doing it on your own terms!

mar52
  • Total Posts : 7596
Re:Look at ME! - Fri, 07/13/12 7:01 PM
That's terrific news, Mosca.  Put some vegetables on your BGE and you'll have a terrific addition to dinner.

I also hate exercise and know for a fact that you can lose weight without it.

Healthier with it, but still healthy if you're at a lower weight.

Good going!

mr chips
  • Total Posts : 4715
Re:Look at ME! - Fri, 07/13/12 10:36 PM
Congrats Tom. I know when i went below that mark 3 years ago I was overjoyed. Congrats and please enjoy your accomplishment.

Mosca
  • Total Posts : 2929
Re:Look at ME! - Fri, 07/13/12 10:41 PM
mar52

That's terrific news, Mosca.  Put some vegetables on your BGE and you'll have a terrific addition to dinner.

I also hate exercise and know for a fact that you can lose weight without it.

Healthier with it, but still healthy if you're at a lower weight.

Good going!

We got some summer zukes from a neighbor; doused them with a little submarine sandwich oil from Wegman's (garlic & oregano infused) and had them with boneless skinless chicken thighs, all on the Egg.

mar52
  • Total Posts : 7596
Re:Look at ME! - Fri, 07/13/12 10:54 PM
Healthy AND tasty!

carlton pierre
  • Total Posts : 2500
Re:Look at ME! - Sat, 07/14/12 10:25 AM
Congratulations, Mosca, I'm proud of you.  You go girl!!