Another Central TX BBQ Roadtrip Being Planned

Author
mcguirejohnr
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 111
2012/07/14 12:23:31 (permalink)

Another Central TX BBQ Roadtrip Being Planned

I was at my lake house on Table Rock Lake in Southwest, MO longingly looking through Wyatt McSpadden's Texas BBQ book when I mentioned to the family that I was due for another BBQ roadtrip.  I was pleasantly surprised when one of my daughters asked to go along so I have begun to plan the trip for the week of July 23 (can't pass up an opportunity to spend time with my 15 year old daughter).  Luckily there are flights from Branson, MO to Houston, TX so I will get a good 4 days on the ground revisiting favorites and searching out new places.  I'll post an initial list soon and would ask for feedback on any places that should be added or removed.  This trip will yet again not include a Saturday so Snow's remains an illusive stop for me.

ScrumptiousChef...I know you are an expert so I am hopeful that you will be able to critique my schedule.

1 Reply Related Threads

mcguirejohnr
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 111
    Re:Another Central TX BBQ Roadtrip Being Planned 2012/07/14 16:12:51 (permalink)
    Here is a first try at listing the places I will visit:

Dozier's Grocery in Fulshears
    City Market in Luling
    Franklin's in Austin
    Louie Mueller's in Taylor
    Taylor Cafe in Taylor
    City Market in Giddings
    Prause's Market in La Grange
    Kruez Market in Lockhart
    Smitty's in Lockhart
    Black's in Lockhart
    Zimmerhanzel's in Smithville
    Gonzales Food Market in Gonzales
    Eureste Grocery in Waelder
    Novasad's in Hallettsville

It may be hard to hit this many in such a short time since many have limited hours or run out of meat pretty early in the day but I'm going to give it a try.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1