Another Central TX BBQ Roadtrip Being Planned

Cheeseburger
2012/07/14 12:23:31
I was at my lake house on Table Rock Lake in Southwest, MO longingly looking through Wyatt McSpadden's Texas BBQ book when I mentioned to the family that I was due for another BBQ roadtrip.  I was pleasantly surprised when one of my daughters asked to go along so I have begun to plan the trip for the week of July 23 (can't pass up an opportunity to spend time with my 15 year old daughter).  Luckily there are flights from Branson, MO to Houston, TX so I will get a good 4 days on the ground revisiting favorites and searching out new places.  I'll post an initial list soon and would ask for feedback on any places that should be added or removed.  This trip will yet again not include a Saturday so Snow's remains an illusive stop for me.

ScrumptiousChef...I know you are an expert so I am hopeful that you will be able to critique my schedule.
mcguirejohnr
Cheeseburger
Re:Another Central TX BBQ Roadtrip Being Planned 2012/07/14 16:12:51
Here is a first try at listing the places I will visit:

Dozier's Grocery in Fulshears
City Market in Luling
Franklin's in Austin
Louie Mueller's in Taylor
Taylor Cafe in Taylor
City Market in Giddings
Prause's Market in La Grange
Kruez Market in Lockhart
Smitty's in Lockhart
Black's in Lockhart
Zimmerhanzel's in Smithville
Gonzales Food Market in Gonzales
Eureste Grocery in Waelder
Novasad's in Hallettsville

It may be hard to hit this many in such a short time since many have limited hours or run out of meat pretty early in the day but I'm going to give it a try.