Hershey, Pa

Double Cheeseburger
2012/07/16 22:50:36
Business now takes me here frequently. Suggestions are welcome
bartl
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Hershey, Pa 2012/07/26 21:53:54
Diener's in Lancaster. Been eating there for years on every trip to the area, ever since it was a small luncheonette. The addition of a buffet a decade or so back didn't seem to lower the quality.
Phildelmar
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Hershey, Pa 2012/07/31 16:45:50
Any further ideas?
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:Hershey, Pa 2012/07/31 16:51:48
I'll highly second Diener's as the BEST Amish food in the Lancaster area, by far.....you can read the praises on many threads here at roadfood.
bartl
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Hershey, Pa 2012/07/31 20:26:51
When we don't feel like "Penndutch" food, we go to Jennie's Diner in Lancaster.  Truthfully, other than a VERY friendly customer base, I can't put my finger on anything special about it. Just basic good food at basic good prices, but a bunch of other people here seem to think that it's superior, and there must be something that keeps bringing us back. I'm not terribly fond of breakfast buffets, but people I know that are swear by Shady Maple over in East Earl (but the line is certainly long, the times I've been dragged there). Stay away from Miller's in Lancaster; it was great in the 60's and 70's, but has since become a tourist trap. Plain & Fancy Farm in Bird in Hand is one of the better "family style" places if you want something social (I always enjoy meeting the people at my table).