Dog Days of Summer Tour: The Contingent

Author
abe_froeman
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 706
2012/07/17 17:59:20 (permalink)

Dog Days of Summer Tour: The Contingent

It's been suggested that we plan a get-together in the coming weeks for locations that are best enjoyed in warm weather. 

Some ideas:

Moody's Pub: A classic since 1959- great burgers, great beer garden- I was shocked, SHOCKED to find out some Contingent members haven't been there! " />

La Palapa: A Contingent favorite.  Camarones La Palapa and a giant, bloodthirsty shark on the roof- 'nuff said.

Mario's Italian Ice: I think in August is when the peach is in season.

Cunis Candies & Ice Cream: Great sundaes, peach ice cream, but located FAR south, and are closed on Sundays!

Other suggestions?  When do we want to go?  Given the geographical distance between all of these, it may be difficult to do all of them in one day, so let's decide which of these we want to go to and if there are other places we want to add in! 

Mr. Maki and I are available any Saturday or Sunday in August EXCEPT the 11th or 12th, but that's because that weekend is Ginza Fest, a Japanese/Buddhist cultural festival in the Old Town neighborhood.  I highly recommend it for the food, the shows, the shopping and the exhibits.  The following weekend, the 16th-19th is Irish Fest in Milwaukee and I'm sure there will be a get-together at Fred's in Burlington.

The first three weekends in September (1st/2nd, 8th/9th and 15th/16th) are also good for us.
post edited by abe_froeman - 2012/07/17 18:01:48

136 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1