The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Fall Tour in Milwaukee, Saturday, October 20, 2012

Change Page: < 12345678910 > | Showing page 6 of 10, messages 151 to 180 of 295
stricken_detective

• Total Posts: 2330
Re:Fall Tour in Milwaukee Tue, 10/2/12 2:56 AM (permalink)
carolina bob
And Stricken, to me there's only one place for kringle and that's Bendtsen's.

I wouldn't feed their kringle to my dog. Or to my mother since they couldn't tell me whether or not there was walnuts in something.

Blueberry? Not my flavor ( I'm a raspberry man myself ) but we'll see... 
If it's from Bendtsen's, then don't worry about it.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
    Re:Fall Tour in Milwaukee Tue, 10/2/12 8:53 AM (permalink)
    Aimee and I think this will be a really fun tour with lots of variety! So glad its come together so nicely!

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4074
      Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Tue, 10/2/12 3:08 PM (permalink)
      That's a fine looking itinerary.  Got any approximate times to go along with the locations?  Those of us who might be last to arrive want to know where they can catch up with the rest of the group.

Buddy

ann peeples

Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Tue, 10/2/12 7:10 PM (permalink)
        Well, if you guys cant make it by 9am.i suspect we  will still be around Groppi's and HoneyPie at 11am.And I hate this saying........just saying......

stricken_detective

• Total Posts: 2330
          Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Tue, 10/2/12 7:28 PM (permalink)
          I have added times to the original post--in purple. Mrs Peeples is indeed correct. We will still be in the Honeypie/Groppi's/South Shore Park area @ 11AM.
          <message edited by stricken_detective on Tue, 10/2/12 7:30 PM>

JRPfeff

• Total Posts: 2368
            Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Tue, 10/2/12 9:51 PM (permalink)
            See.  I told you it would be perfect.

quijote

• Total Posts: 643
              Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Tue, 10/2/12 10:52 PM (permalink)
              Congratulations, Mr. Maki!  It isn't fair to leave us waiting in the checkout aisle, though. I hope I get to read the rest of the story.

quijote

Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Tue, 10/2/12 10:59 PM (permalink)
                Aimee and Ann, the tour looks fabulous. The food line-up is great, and the distillery stop looks fun. Can't wait to find out what you have in store at 4pm.  Did you find out if the South Shore Farmers Market is taking place on that Saturday?

BTW, just in case, the Kopps flavors of the day for the 20th are:
                Turtle Sundae
                Caramel flavored custard, loaded with pecans and swirls of caramel and fudge
                Chocolate Cherry Kiss
                For Valentines Day we created the richest, darkest, chocolate custard with exquisite, chocolate-covered cherries just for you, your sweetheart and your sweet tooth!

quijote

Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Tue, 10/2/12 11:10 PM (permalink)
                  I volunteer to help get pie at Honeypie!! 

stricken_detective

Since both breakfast places look good, how about we split up into groups, (Hence my alter ego up above : "Half you go this way, half you go that way!") purchase agreed-upon items, and bring them to a central location and share them? Oh & did I mention the central location has a Farmer's Market that's open (allegedly, I gotta call them tomorrow) until the end of October? I didn't? Well, now you know.

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Wed, 10/3/12 2:47 AM (permalink)
                    It looks like I'll be traveling solo on this one.  Mrs. Roadhouse will be visiting her mother in St. Jo, MO, while abe and Mr. Maki will be celebrating his magazine publication.

Buddy

X1

• Total Posts: 937
                      Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Wed, 10/3/12 5:45 AM (permalink)
                      Just FYI, the parking lot at Groppi's holds approximately 5 or 6 cars. I can't remember the last time I was able to score a spot in the lot. Street parking is available, but since it's near Palomino, it fills up fast.

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3090
                        Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Wed, 10/3/12 12:01 PM (permalink)
                        Doesn't Palomino serve fried chicken and waffles on the weekend?

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4712
                          Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Wed, 10/3/12 2:04 PM (permalink)
                          Chicken and waffles is listed on the menu but there doesn't seem to be any kind of a day/date restriction.

However, I noticed this:

**Biscuits & Gravy** $8 
                          _Two homemade biscuits literally enveloped in andouille sausage gravy and topped with an over easy egg._

on the brunch menu.  Sounds good!

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Wed, 10/3/12 2:26 PM (permalink)
                            Sounds like the perfect "two-for-one" stop.  The question is, will I be awake to take advantage of it.  Place your bets now.

Buddy

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3090
                              Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Wed, 10/3/12 2:39 PM (permalink)
                              Vegas said no line, no line on the Roadhouse betting.

ann peeples

Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Wed, 10/3/12 6:10 PM (permalink)
                                Everything is always open to discussion/changes on the day of our meet. Or whomever wants to branch off.......I love the Bay view area, and there is so much to see and eat.......

JRPfeff

Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Fri, 10/5/12 5:02 PM (permalink)
                                  We have four Entertainment book coupons for Dr. Dawg.  Free beverage with purchase of 2 dawgs & order of fries.  We'll hand them out to anyone interested.

ann peeples

Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Fri, 10/5/12 6:19 PM (permalink)
                                    Great, JRPfeff!

ann peeples

Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Fri, 10/5/12 6:22 PM (permalink)
                                      X1-thats Bayview! Parking isnt the easiest, but not as bad as some of the Chicago places we have been.or at least the last time I was at a meet up!

X1

Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Sat, 10/6/12 4:45 PM (permalink)
                                        Gyp and I did a mini, and totally unplanned, Roadfood type tour today. Our last stop was Choco Bella on KK. It just opened in May. They have fresh homemade Gelato (usually four flavors), and a beautiful variety of homemade gourmet chocolates. The place is tiny, but it's way cool.
                                        Just an FYI if anyone was feelin' dessert-y. 

ann peeples

Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Sat, 10/6/12 6:34 PM (permalink)
                                          How wonderful! Should be a good stop!

ann peeples

Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Sat, 10/6/12 7:52 PM (permalink)
                                            Am getting frustrated.........you all want to change the tour....dont see that with the Chicago tour...........
                                            We put a comprhensive , fun tour together. Where were all the comments, suggestions before?

quijote

Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Sun, 10/7/12 12:58 AM (permalink)
                                              Ann, I don't think anyone wants to change the tour, so no worries. It seems to me that the comment made was just a scouting report on a place that happens to be in the neighborhood where the tour will take place. Kind of a "heads up" on a cool place to keep on the radar for whenever.

X1

• Location: Milwaukee, WI (Ex-NOLA)
                                                Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Sun, 10/7/12 1:09 AM (permalink)
                                                Exactly correct, Q. 
                                                I'm not changing anything. 

ann peeples

• Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                  Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Sun, 10/7/12 8:33 AM (permalink)
                                                  Thank you both.

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4712
                                                    Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Mon, 10/8/12 9:56 AM (permalink)
                                                    Anyone interested in doing a little carpooling if there's some reasonably secure parking somewhere along the way?  Right now it's looking likely that I'll be a party of 1 and since Buddy's driving up by himself it seems like a practical thing to consider.

X1

• Location: Milwaukee, WI (Ex-NOLA)
                                                      Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Mon, 10/8/12 10:06 AM (permalink)
                                                      Well, my parking lot at my building is safe and free and there is lots of room. I'm basically at the start of KK, so we're right there. I'm in St. Francis on Lake Drive.
                                                      Just throwing that out there.

BuddyRoadhouse

• Location: Des Plaines, IL
                                                        Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Mon, 10/8/12 1:28 PM (permalink)
                                                        And I may ride up with irisarbor.  We might be able to make a carpool work.  I'll be carrying a cooler of some kind, so whatever we do we'll need to account for that space.

Buddy

JRPfeff

• Location: Pewaukee, WI & Fuquay-Varina, NC
                                                          Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Mon, 10/8/12 3:33 PM (permalink)
                                                          This might be something for those who don't need to get up on Friday to consider doing.
                                                          America's Test Kitchen, the popular public television cooking show, will hold taste tests and demonstrations at 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 18, at the Milwaukee Public Market Palm Garden, 400 N. Water St.
                                                          <message edited by JRPfeff on Mon, 10/8/12 3:43 PM>

ann peeples

• Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                            Re:Fall Tour Saturday October 20, 2012 Mon, 10/8/12 7:17 PM (permalink)
                                                            Have you all considered cooler bags as opposed to coolers? Great space savers!Just asking?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910 > | Showing page 6 of 10, messages 151 to 180 of 295

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com