Mid-Calorie Soft Drinks: Who Exactly Is Their Market Audience?

Junior Burger
2012/08/06 13:05:39
I completely agree with what this blogger says about these new mid-calorie sodas. People who don't want to consume calories are always going to consume diet sodas and those who don't want to sacrifice taste, are always going to prefer regular soda. 

Am I the only one who thinks this whole new mid-calorie soda thing is going to be a colossal bust?
post edited by RestaurantBiz - 2012/08/06 13:14:41
6star
Filet Mignon
Re:Mid-Calorie Soft Drinks: Who Exactly Is Their Market Audience? 2012/08/06 15:45:02
I think the laboratory workers of the soda companies have too much time on their hands (or are trying to prove to their bosses why they should be kept on). 

When Pepsi Throwback first came out, I switched to it since I felt I didn't need the HFCS and I find the taste of Throwback is not as bitter, but my son still prefers the taste of "blue can" Pepsi (and he can tell the difference).  Since Pepsi Next has HFCS, I have absolutely no urge to ever try it, and I think that is probably true with most Throwback drinkers.  If both my son and I can tell the subtle difference in taste between the two Pepsis, I see no reason for anyone to switch to Next, and I agree with you that the mid-calorie sodas will gradually fade into the sunset after the few people that are unhappy with the present taste of their soda have tried them.