Galena illinois

KurtSara
  • Total Posts : 181
  • Reward points : 0
Galena illinois - Wed, 08/15/12 7:46 PM
Will be riding the Goldwing to Galena Illinois August 31st to camp for a few nights, any great places to eat, like BBQ, pizza or hamburgers?

6star
  • Total Posts : 4388
Re:Galena illinois - Wed, 08/15/12 9:40 PM
Happy Joe's Pizza & Ice Cream has an outlet in Galena: http://www.happyjoes.com/stores.php?action=ViewStore&storeid=50 
Try their Happy Joe's Special (Canadian bacon & sauerkraut): different, but good!

kland01s
  • Total Posts : 2835
Re:Galena illinois - Thu, 08/16/12 8:23 AM
Fried Green Tomatoes in the downtown is always a favorite of ours. Great Italian. There are some good pub type places but the names escape me right now they are along the main drag. A few of the restaurants in Galena Territory are nice too, all different levels of dining there.

http://www.friedgreen.com/

Wintahaba
  • Total Posts : 109
Re:Galena illinois - Thu, 08/16/12 9:35 AM
Cannova's Pizzeria in Galena is great. The Freeport  Cannova's had a fire and are rebuilding and we have one here in Neenah, WI. Not really a chain, but family interests in all I believe and have been around forever. Great piizza and fine Italian fare.

irisarbor
  • Total Posts : 602
Re:Galena illinois - Wed, 08/22/12 4:26 PM
I have a rec if you find yourself across the river in Dubuque-
CRUST
it is an awesome and fun restaurant- with wonderful accomodating staff and delicious food.
I also have an anti-rec in Galena
The Market House restaurant
they make a HUGE deal out of their "famous" Crab Louis- guess what it's Fake K-rab-
small portions, small taste- too many other places to eat well and spend less money....