I Found Another Good Pizza In Ohio! Columbus!

Author
Russ Jackson
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2257
2012/09/21 09:49:38 (permalink)

I Found Another Good Pizza In Ohio! Columbus!

I know I said I would never be back. However in the Pizza deprived state of Ohio when one finds an acceptable Pie I felt after all the great spots Roadfood has given me I had to share. The few I have talked about before which are the only edible ones in this state are as follows. #1 Tronis Kettering Ohio, #2 Dewey's Dayton Ohio and Columbus, #3 Dorothy Lane Market, #4 Giant Eagle Market Place (Where you buy dough for a $1 a ball and make your own at home) So really only the Dough Ball gets the #4. This is how starved the state is when it comes to Pizza. A dough Ball takes 4th. 

And of course BonoToGo which is in its own class and the experience alone is worth the trip. It is thriving well and has become an underground classic in the city. Here is my previous review of bono to go. 
http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/bonopizza-bonotogo-Columbus-Ohio-I-was-Amazed-m564640.aspx

Yesterday after a review in the Columbus Dispatch Weekender a person mentioned Borgata Pizza Cafe at: 5701 Parkville St Columbus, OH 43229. It's off of Dublin Granville Rd near Cleveland Ave. The place is clean and it opens at 4pm and I was there at 4:15. So they were really still prepping and getting ready for the day. The oven was manned by a very nice woman and it is a pretty nice one. Brand new gas model with digital controls. Not a Vintage Blogett or Wood Fired. I ordered a 20 inch pepperoni. She tossed the dough to order and popped it in. Rotated it twice during the cooking process and delivered it. I am not sure the fresh dough had proofed as much as it should but it was excellent and I am sure better if I came an hour or more later. Sauce was a little sweet but still very good. When I go the next time I will order my Pizza a little more towards well done as I do at Troni's or Dewey's and with light sauce. This is a personal choice as I like my crust burnt a little. The Pizza was thin and fold-able as it should be. The pepperoni was thicker and curled up unlike cheap pizza places. There Pepperoni is the best Pizza Pepperoni in the state. The Pizza I had would rate second to Troni's. Making it my 2nd Favorite in the State. Very nice Woman running the place and the place is extremely clean. Nothing fancy but a very good pizza....Russ

5 Replies Related Threads

CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    Re:I Found Another Good Pizza In Ohio! Columbus! 2012/09/21 09:54:01 (permalink)
    Great to see you Russ! Welcome back!
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10488
    Re:I Found Another Good Pizza In Ohio! Columbus! 2012/09/21 10:12:58 (permalink)
    Good to see you again Russ.  This is a better place with you than without you.  Have you been to Six Hundred Downtown in Bellefontaine?  It looks pretty good from the photos.
    NYPIzzaNut
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3151
    Re:I Found Another Good Pizza In Ohio! Columbus! 2012/09/21 11:34:47 (permalink)
    You are sorely missed Russ.  Lost my best bud early this AM.  No more Lunchbunch adventures I am afraid.
    joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4565
    Re:I Found Another Good Pizza In Ohio! Columbus! 2012/09/25 15:54:32 (permalink)
    Admit it Russ...you missed us.
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5116
    Re:I Found Another Good Pizza In Ohio! Columbus! 2012/09/25 17:54:26 (permalink)
    I like when they don't skimp on the pepperoni like that. Looks good.

Oh, and yes..."welcome back" Russ!  

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1