Famous Yeti's Pizza (Stoughton WI)

Author
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5083
2012/09/26 09:27:16 (permalink)

Famous Yeti's Pizza (Stoughton WI)

Earlier this year Famous Yeti's opened in a small strip mall on the north side of town but unfortunately a fire in early May closed it down until about 1-1/2 weeks ago.  We'd been meaning to give it a try before that happened so I went there last Thursday to check it out.

Naturally, everything is new inside.  The wood on the wall didn't come from the old restaurant, however; I overheard someone say that it came from an old barn somewhere else in the state.

After you decide what you want it'll be prepared in the new kitchen.  I found it interesting that the new pizza oven is on wheels and not fixed in place.

I went with sausage, mushrooms, and black olives on a hand-tossed crust.  The co-owner makes his own sausage from local pork and it has hints of fennel and crushed red pepper, the sauce has just a touch of sweetness and pepper, and the crust was crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside without being too dense.  In fact, when I was talking to the aforementioned co-owner he mentioned that he was concerned that the inside atmosphere after the rebuilding might be different enough to affect his crust recipe!

Unfortunately I made a serious mistake and told Mrs. SC that I'd eaten there, so to make amends I took her there 2 days later and this time we ordered the thin crust pizza with 1/2 pepperoni, 1/2 sausage, and olives and mushrooms.  One of the owners is from Chicago so it's not surprising that the thin pizza is cut tavern-style.  We both liked this pizza and I don't have a clear preference for this crust or the hand-tossed crust.

And just as we were leaving a stuffed pizza (there's that Chicago connection again) was coming out of the oven.  It's next on my list and if I go by myself I'll keep my mouth shut about it.

The owners have previous experience in the grocery and food industries as well as youth and enthusiasm, and so far it seems like they're off to a good start, the setback notwithstanding.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1