Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees...

MellowRoast
  • Total Posts : 1931
  • Reward points : 0
Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... - Tue, 10/2/12 6:56 PM
What will they think of next?  I hope this URL will click through.  I've had trouble posting them for several days.
http://www.bakingbusiness.com/articles/news_home/New_Products/2012/10/MoonPie-flavored_coffees_intro.aspx?ID=%7B5A4597E3-F294-47CD-ABB2-EC8DF1AFA73C%7D

mar52
  • Total Posts : 7597
Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... - Tue, 10/2/12 8:35 PM
MoonPie flavored MoonPies aren't even good.

MellowRoast
  • Total Posts : 1931
Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... - Wed, 10/3/12 7:30 AM
If they didn't taste good, I wouldn't eat them. Not everyone can like the same things, often due to genetics.  I paticularly enjoy the chocolate and vanilla, but don't like the other flavors.   Conversely, I'm sure there are foods you like that I think taste bad.

kevincad
  • Total Posts : 399
Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... - Wed, 10/3/12 10:26 AM
mar52

Hey! That's blasphemy in the south!!

mar52
  • Total Posts : 7597
Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... - Wed, 10/3/12 1:54 PM
I wasn't saying it was bad for everyone... bad for me.  Actually the flavor might be fine, I don't like the texture.

CCinNJ
  • Total Posts : 7745
Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... - Wed, 10/3/12 1:59 PM
Wouldn't a coffee flavored Moon Pie be better than Moon Pie flavored coffee?

I'm just sayin'.

<message edited by CCinNJ on Wed, 10/3/12 2:03 PM>

ScreenBear
  • Total Posts : 1503
Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... - Wed, 10/3/12 8:32 PM
If you can't have pheasant under glass, truffles, salad and champagne for dinner, followed by a dessert of Moon Pie with a bottle of grape soda, taken on the terrace, then I beseech, what's the use?

The Bear

HaydenFennell
  • Total Posts : 28
Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... - Thu, 10/4/12 8:31 AM
mar52

I think that I'm with mar52 on this one. I've always found MoonPies to be dry and crumbly and really just not very good, and I live in South Carolina. However, I do have to say that if you can manage to get a really fresh MoonPie from one of MoonPie's general stores in Charleston or Chattanooga, it's a totally different experience. They're a lot better when they're fresh.

MoonPie flavored coffee sounds pretty interesting, though. It would at least be worth a try once. I'll have to see if I can track it down and give it a taste and report back in a day or two.

wanderingjew
  • Total Posts : 7384
Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... - Thu, 10/4/12 9:47 AM
I'm betting it would taste more like moonpie flavor hot water to me
Which reminds me, I have to update my coffee house list for 2012

kevincad
  • Total Posts : 399
Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... - Thu, 10/4/12 10:01 AM
HaydenFennell

mar52

I think that I'm with mar52 on this one. I've always found MoonPies to be dry and crumbly and really just not very good, and I live in South Carolina. However, I do have to say that if you can manage to get a really fresh MoonPie from one of MoonPie's general stores in Charleston or Chattanooga, it's a totally different experience. They're a lot better when they're fresh.

MoonPie flavored coffee sounds pretty interesting, though. It would at least be worth a try once. I'll have to see if I can track it down and give it a taste and report back in a day or two.

That's why you have to have an RC Cola with your moonpie!

jajarino68
  • Total Posts : 152
Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... - Sat, 10/6/12 3:22 PM
Warm Moonpie in the microwave for just a few seconds. Yum

HaydenFennell
  • Total Posts : 28
Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... - Mon, 10/29/12 10:06 AM
kevincad

HaydenFennell

mar52

That's why you have to have an RC Cola with your moonpie!

I can't argue with that, Kevin. RC Cola makes everything better.