[poll] Who should be notified about my online reviews?

Junior Burger
2012/10/05 11:30:29
We're using Review Alert to notify us when someone reviews our restaurant on any of the online review websites. Right now we have me, my partner, the GM, managers, assistant managers, the marketing girl and a couple others receiving the alerts. We can set an unlimited amount of email addresses to get an email with each new review, so my question is, do you think it's wise to send alerts to the bartenders and waitstaff if they want to receive them?

It's two sided because I can see where this could be problematic if one of them gets a bad review and takes it upon themselves to deal with it, but also an advantage to see any praise or criticism a guest has.

I'm new and don't see a place for poll, but any opinions would be welcome.

Thanks.

CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:[poll] Who should be notified about my online reviews? 2012/10/05 12:35:03
No... anyone with a position of responsibility handles certain tasks and has to determine the difference between an accurate assessment of the experience within the restaurant (what to do with it or about it). Some reviews are spot on and some are so CRAZY they make no sense.

You address what's important good & bad.. It can be good or bad...but having everything sent to the bartenders...dishwashers...bus staff has the potential to create a little drama or resentment. Here they are pissed off at some review...and the shift starts in 15 minutes. So here are customers that have nothing to do with any of this...being served by them. So there's the potential for some more accurate negative reviews.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:[poll] Who should be notified about my online reviews? 2012/10/05 13:00:32
Ohh...and the drama that happens when they are talking amongst themselves (you created that) about "see...he's slow and works Friday. I should have Friday...not Tuesday. Right? Right? Right?"
oqanani
Hamburger
Re:[poll] Who should be notified about my online reviews? 2012/10/05 16:09:27
Agreed!
Hamburger
Re:[poll] Who should be notified about my online reviews? 2012/10/11 00:41:29
And, it also make a perfect excuse for being on the cell phone instead of taking care of business, unless you would provide a terminal for everyone to check their email which is another animal.  Maybe you can give a quick review of the good ones to boost moral in the shift meetings or buy doughnuts, cupcakes or pizza for each 1 or 2 good reviews.  
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:[poll] Who should be notified about my online reviews? 2012/10/11 09:09:43
Internet reviews are something to keep track of...but they really are not gospel for the management team. It's too easy for reviews to show up in the first place and some make no sense (one way or the other) to use them as a motivating factor that provides anything (good or bad). There's also no way to know if reviews have an agenda. Many people have accounts. You never know who's writing reviews...or for what reason.

Then...there's possibly further resentment by certain team members that you're so good at being a manager you need Yelp Urbanspoon etc. to tell you what's going on...and so smart...you believe everything you read...since it prompts you to act.

Internet reviews are not corespondent reports from the field.
post edited by CCinNJ - 2012/10/11 09:23:43