Chicago's Best Mexican

Cheeseburger
2004/03/04 12:14:41
Out of about half-a-gazillion choices here in Chicago what do you think is the best? Personally, I really enjoy Neueva Leon on 18th street and Arturo's on Western. Okay, Frontera Grill too, if I am feeling ritzy. What about you guys?
Jim Ross
Cheeseburger
RE: Chicago's Best Mexican 2004/03/04 15:26:05
Neuva Leone definately. I also frequently go to Santiago's in downtown LaGrange or to one of the Westmont taquerias. Taco Grill on Ogden or Taco Express at Quincy & Cass are both run by mexican families and the food is excellent.
Grampy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Chicago's Best Mexican 2004/03/04 15:54:23
Frontera, if you want a bit ritzy.
stormycat
Cheeseburger
RE: Chicago's Best Mexican 2004/03/05 10:24:37
quote:
Originally posted by Grampy

Frontera, if you want a bit ritzy.

...and then to rinse away the ritz, head on over to The Baton across the street to take in a show!
kland01s
Filet Mignon
RE: Chicago's Best Mexican 2004/03/05 11:29:30
OMG, the Baton still exists? Shows how little I ever get in to the City.
stormycat
Cheeseburger
RE: Chicago's Best Mexican 2004/03/05 17:48:30
quote:
Originally posted by kland01s

OMG, the Baton still exists? Shows how little I ever get in to the City.

Yep, still there! I took my mother and cousin to the late show last summer after "a few" margaritas over at Frontera.
Chicago1222
Junior Burger
Re:Chicago's Best Mexican 2010/10/11 21:50:11
I grew up with Lazo's & Arturo's on Western & Armitage.  I would say Mi Tierra on Kedzie in Little Village...their Huachinango Al Mojo (Red Snapper with garlic & lime) is AMAZING!!!!!

Also, Cemitas on North Ave in Humboldt Park is great too.  Their Signature Cemitas...try al pastor...their is no one else in the city that makes anything similar!!!  It's a little shack, but was reviewed on one of the Food Networks.....Both places are definite stops for whoever is lookin for best Chicago Mexican Food!
danimal15
Re:Chicago's Best Mexican 2010/10/12 14:35:03
I know it's a chain, but I'm partial to "That Little Mexican Cafe" in Highland Park. I like the fajitas there. I think they also have a location in Evanston, but I'm not crazy about that one.

Lupita's in Evanston is also good.
stricken_detective
Re:Chicago's Best Mexican 2010/10/12 20:45:04
LA PALAPA ON DAMEN & ARCHER.