Running & Roadfood (feat. a Ben's Chili Bowl Half Smoke!)

billyboy
  • Total Posts : 2363
  • Reward points : 0
Running & Roadfood (feat. a Ben's Chili Bowl Half Smoke!) - Thu, 10/18/12 9:45 AM
As some of you may know, I took up distance running three years ago to get in better shape but I still enjoy Roadfooding from time to time.  I love meeting friends old and new and indulging in some fried chicken, pizza, sandwiches and all of that fantastic food when I can.  I've posted a number of Trip Reports over the years in an attempt to showcase my love for both running and Roadfood.  Well, imagine my surprise when reading the Gothamist website I found a link to an article on the DCist website about a "very special" half marathon coming up in Washington, D.C. on Saturday Nov. 3rd.  
Here's the link to the article:  http://dcist.com/2012/10/.lf_and_half_marathon.php
And a link to the race website:  http://www.halfandhalfmarathon.com

I think I've looked at the review for Ben's and some of Buffetbuster's beautiful Trip Report photos of those half smokes more times than I can remember, but I'm not so sure I could run 6.55 miles, down a chili smothered half smoke and chips, then run another 6.55 miles!  

Just wanted to share in case anyone is interested.  
Cheers, Billyboy
<message edited by billyboy on Fri, 10/19/12 9:37 PM>

CCinNJ
  • Total Posts : 7748
Re:Running & Roadfood (feat. a Ben's Chili Bowl Half Smoke!) - Thu, 10/18/12 9:54 AM
Thanks for sharing Billyboy!

It's a great share...and accomplishment for those who could keep it together until the end.

buffetbuster
  • Total Posts : 9788
Re:Running & Roadfood (feat. a Ben's Chili Bowl Half Smoke!) - Thu, 10/18/12 9:54 AM
billyboy-
I could do 1/2 of that event.  And it definitely isn't the running half!

CCinNJ
Re:Running & Roadfood (feat. a Ben's Chili Bowl Half Smoke!) - Thu, 10/18/12 9:57 AM
I could finish the run...but it wouldn't be pretty.

billyboy
  • Total Posts : 2363
Re:Running & Roadfood (feat. a Ben's Chili Bowl Half Smoke!) - Thu, 10/18/12 10:12 AM
I'm kinda sorta thinking about doing it next year as I've never been to Ben's (and BB, your photos from there have me craving a food I've never even tried!) if I can con...uh, I mean convince a friend or two to do it with me!  

CCinNJ
Re:Running & Roadfood (feat. a Ben's Chili Bowl Half Smoke!) - Thu, 10/18/12 10:33 AM
A refreshment at the halfway point...and oops your phone is ringing. So good...you're in! See you there!

ann peeples
  • Total Posts : 8317
Re:Running & Roadfood (feat. a Ben's Chili Bowl Half Smoke!) - Thu, 10/18/12 8:14 PM
Fantastic, billyboy, and love following your runs AND food experiences. Kudos to you....as always.

Annie