Re:New to the food Concession Business
1) Tax implications….LCC or Sole Proprietor?
( you'll have to do research on that )
2) Licenses (Business, Food, Health etc)…. In Ca. to be a temporary concessionaire what are the required permits? ( talk to your HD on those, )
3) Insurance… What are the different types of insurance needed and is it difficult to get? ( call your insurance agent )
4) Food Handlers Card…How do you get one does everyone that works for you need one? ( refer to answer to # 2 )
5) Where can you keep Supplies? Can you store them at home or in your Trailer? ( refer to answer # 2 )
6) Can you store food at home?
( NO !!! )
7) Trailer vs truck vs tent?
( how much money do you want to invest )
8) Restaurant equipment…do you have to buy or should you buy "professional" equipment?
( restaurant grade only )
9) Whats a commissary?
( a place to store your food, do your dishes, store your equip )
10) What are the best events?
( the ones where you DON"T lose money )
11) Whats the best way to contact the event organizer? do I need to other than the application? ( depends on the promoter )
12) Trailer vs Truck, Tent?
( see above for this answer in your previous question )
13) What should I sell? Why?
( do your homework )
14) Whats the best way to market? is it necessary?
( are you kidding me )
15) What are the living conditions? Where do you live?
( ? )
16) How much money can be made?
( 0-???? )
17) What are the risks?
( going broke )
18) Whats the best way to maximize profits?
( do your homework on food cost & profit margins )