new trailer

Junior Burger
2012/10/27 18:53:18
So I listened to the advice given on this forum on the trailer vs truck question, and read a bit further and decided that the answers were as good as one could expect. Thank all of you for the input. It seems that there will be different set ups for different venues.
The mounting system for the equipment is less than adequate. It consists of metal "L" brackets mounted to the floor, a good first step, but the equipment is tied to the brackets with plastic ties. They are currently working okay except for the oven, which is on casters. The trailer moves one way and the oven moves in another. I intend to change the mounting system on everything except the oven to pipe flanges and set screws. I don't want to remove the casters on the stove for a couple of reasons, cleaning is a lot less painful when I can roll it out of the way, and I'm not sure that it will stay in the trailer. Any suggestion?
I can't post pictures yet due to post count. I'll post them as soon as I can.
Thanks
Vince
THE WILD DOG
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:new trailer 2012/10/27 20:11:07
ANGLE IRON... WORKS WONDERS. Will keep things in place and prevent food from going under the oven.
RodBangkok
Cheeseburger
Re:new trailer 2012/10/27 22:58:51
By far the best option are these:
http://www.castersupply.c..AV/store_floorlocks.htm
If your building, or modifying your floor bed you can take a short piece of pipe a bit larger than the foot on these and mount it to the floor, like a pipe flange.  Mount them inboard of the existing casters, make sure you have a way of actuating the rear ones if there is limited side access.  If you have top heavy equipment, a simple tether  at the top will keep anything from tilting outward.