Brand New Austin Texas Barbecue From The Grand Daughter Of Louie Mueller

Author
scrumptiouschef
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 697
2012/11/02 16:40:44 (permalink)

Brand New Austin Texas Barbecue From The Grand Daughter Of Louie Mueller

LeAnn Mueller of the famous Taylor Texas barbecue dynasty is opening her own barbecue trailer tomorrow Sat Nov 3 2012 in South Austin. She famously relieved her brother, the legendary John Mueller, of his duties at JMueller BBQ 2 days ago.

The new, as yet unnamed business, will reside in the same location as JMueller BBQ with Franklin Barbecue pitboss John Lewis putting out the meat.

details http://www.scrumptiousche...-John-Lewis-On-The-Pit

8 Replies Related Threads

Twinwillow
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5110
    Re:Brand New Austin Texas Barbecue From The Grand Daughter Of Louie Mueller 2012/11/02 16:43:18 (permalink)
    Another Mueller in the pot can't be a bad thing.
    scrumptiouschef
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Brand New Austin Texas Barbecue From The Grand Daughter Of Louie Mueller 2012/11/03 14:48:27 (permalink)
    As the brisket settles onto the cutting board it jiggles like a young Jayne Mansfield. This is the red velvet cake of steer muscle. Perfectly seasoned beefy butter.
    Turkey is something we eat once per annum on Thanksgiving but in the interest of a full report....it's fine. The all white meat hunk is juicy and well salted; we'll leave it at that.
    A monster beef chuck rib, the battleaxe of the Texas barbecue world, is superb. A pound or so of voluptuous, tender flesh, barely clings to a bone that could double as a weapon.
    The pork ribs come with a light, sweet glaze needing just a glance in their direction for the meat to tumble off the bone.
    Finally, the star of the show: The infamous Texas Hot Guts sausage. Out of this world. John Lewis is to be congratulated for putting the time, energy and effort into making his own sausage via the time honored grinder/extruder method. We don't know a single place in town {correct us if we're wrong} that's got the heart and desire it takes to make the stuff from scratch. It's tedious, time-consuming work that only the most serious craftsman is willing to take the time to do. The medium grind meat exhibits a good ratio of lean to fat needing only a heftier dose of cayenne to take it to world-beater status.

that was the meat, wordier version right this way http://www.scrumptiousche...-Stage-At--LA-Barbecue
    Twinwillow
    Sirloin
    Re:Brand New Austin Texas Barbecue From The Grand Daughter Of Louie Mueller 2012/11/03 15:12:36 (permalink)
    OMG! You're driving me crazy!
    kaszeta
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 683
    Re:Brand New Austin Texas Barbecue From The Grand Daughter Of Louie Mueller 2012/11/03 18:24:56 (permalink)
    Nice writeup.  Thanks.
    And I was thinking that unless some major shift happened in the Austin food scene, I'd postpone my annual Austin food bender.  This might keep it on the schedule.
    scrumptiouschef
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Brand New Austin Texas Barbecue From The Grand Daughter Of Louie Mueller 2012/11/05 14:03:36 (permalink)
    Austin's worth a trip for a thousand reasons. Let me know when you're coming and I'll help as best I can.
    kaszeta
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 683
    Re:Brand New Austin Texas Barbecue From The Grand Daughter Of Louie Mueller 2012/11/05 19:50:33 (permalink)
    Will do.

As I've posted here before, a group of my friends usually does an annual Austin BBQ crawl (this was the fifth year running).   Even though there were several new places this year, I'm growing a bit weary of just BBQ and food trucks.  Need to come and focus primarily on the non-BBQ stuff for a change.
    scrumptiouschef
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Brand New Austin Texas Barbecue From The Grand Daughter Of Louie Mueller 2012/11/06 20:53:38 (permalink)
    Plenty non barbecue round here. Make sure you check out 3 Little Pigs, a pork truck in East Austin run by a chef who worked in all the top fine dining places in town.
    Twinwillow
    Sirloin
    Re:Brand New Austin Texas Barbecue From The Grand Daughter Of Louie Mueller 2012/11/06 21:27:09 (permalink)
    3 Little Pigs were recently featured on TV and the food looked fabulous!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1