Haven't Been Around - Big Changes

Sirloin
2012/11/05 14:04:30
I haven't posted a whole lot, although I've been checking in...lurking, I guess, at some posts.

I'm FB friends with some of you, so you may or may not know, but my wife and I decided to move out of the District last June. House went on the market in July, and we closed on our house on Oct 12. In addition, we're expecting a baby girl any day now.

To add pressure to the situation, although we were under contract for our house in Crofton, MD, there were delays in closing on the new house. So, we had to wait...staying in a hotel in Annapolis from Oct 12 until our closing on Halloween. Me, my pregnant wife, and 4 year old son, cramped into a queen 1-bedroom suite for nearly 3 weeks.

But, we closed on the house, started moving in, I even managed to put a few Halloween decorations out and was able to give out candy, much to the amazement of my immediate neighbors. Great night to meet the neighborhood. Many neighbors were glad to see the house decorated and open for halloween business. Apparently, the previous owner was not as involved in that kind of community event.

So, now, I'm unpacking slowly, to ensure anything unpacked is put in a location we want it, getting the new nursery ready, and making sure I'm not so distracted at work, and able to focus attention to my 4 year old, who has seemingly remained unaffected by the chaos. His pre-school teacher said he hasn't displayed any change of behaviour at school...although at home he's been slightly more 4-year-oldy than usual. But I can address that.

So, with baby due so soon, I doubt I'll have time to post much, but if I can manage to get my butt over to the Sly Horse Tavern, I'll send in my review.

Other Crofton establishments on my list:
Fat Boys Crab Shack
The Blue Dolphin
The Nautilus Diner
Pancho & Pepes
Irish Channel Pub (which has 2 locations, the first is in DC. I've been there and it's good, but the Crofton location looks much more upscale, I'm hoping the food meets the look)

And now that I'm in Anne Arundel County, I will continue to explore Annapolis (which I've been to a gazillion times) and more importantly, more shacks and drive-ups along the Chesapeake. 
post edited by Scorereader - 2012/11/05 15:27:32
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Haven't Been Around - Big Changes 2012/11/05 14:09:43
Good to see you again. Congratulations on the new home, and the coming new addition to the family.

I'm sure there's a Waffle House not too far away.
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
Re:Haven't Been Around - Big Changes 2012/11/05 14:12:11
cool!
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
Re:Haven't Been Around - Big Changes 2012/11/05 14:12:12
cool!  Congratulations.
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:Haven't Been Around - Big Changes 2012/11/05 14:47:39
Hey Score, Thanks for doing your share ion keeping the economy going!

Serious, Congrats on the new home and new addition

And, in case you don't know, 1bbqboy is the poster formally known as Bill Voss, which has nothing to do with Voss' BBQ
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Haven't Been Around - Big Changes 2012/11/05 14:49:20
Welcome back, Score... Hope the new home works out well for you.
AL
mar52
Sirloin
Re:Haven't Been Around - Big Changes 2012/11/05 15:17:39
Congratulations on everything!

Nice to see you.
Scorereader
Sirloin
Re:Haven't Been Around - Big Changes 2012/11/05 15:32:47
Michael Hoffman
I'm sure there's a Waffle House not too far away.

Right next to the Five Guys
Re:Haven't Been Around - Big Changes 2012/11/05 17:33:50
Anne Arundle County, nice! Congrats on everything!!

mr chips
Filet Mignon
Re:Haven't Been Around - Big Changes 2012/11/13 00:25:12
Congrats.
carlton pierre
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Haven't Been Around - Big Changes 2012/11/13 10:38:14
Sounds good, and congratulations.  I'd love to be able to explore the Annapolis area.  Hope you'll reveal some new finds.
CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:Haven't Been Around - Big Changes 2012/11/27 16:40:53
Score -

Congrats on all the changes and the newest edition to the family.  All her Aunts and Uncles here at RF would love to see her smiling face.

Again Congrats my friend

CK