Calling Marlene, Elise and socal roadfooders; Mr Chips is coming to town

mr chips
  • Total Posts : 4715
  • Reward points : 0
Calling Marlene, Elise and socal roadfooders; Mr Chips is coming to town - Sun, 11/11/12 1:50 AM
Wife Trudyn and i will be visiting Socal January 10-14 2013 to see our son Sam.Would love to try to get together for some road food . P.M me on road food or Facebook and I will try to set up a meet. Thanks

mr chips
Re:Calling Marlene, Elise and socal roadfooders; Mr Chips is coming to town - Fri, 11/16/12 7:16 PM
if there is anyone in contact with Elise tell her to contact me if she can.

mar52
  • Total Posts : 7590
Re:Calling Marlene, Elise and socal roadfooders; Mr Chips is coming to town - Fri, 11/16/12 9:47 PM
Marlene and Sharon checking in.

We will probably (hopefully) be out of town during that time celebrating my birthday.

I'll let you know as the time gets closer.

mr chips
Re:Calling Marlene, Elise and socal roadfooders; Mr Chips is coming to town - Sat, 11/17/12 2:00 AM
sorry to hear that Marlene. But I know trudy and i will be in SOCAL again.
<message edited by mr chips on Sat, 11/17/12 7:48 AM>

morganen
  • Total Posts : 22
Re:Calling Marlene, Elise and socal roadfooders; Mr Chips is coming to town - Tue, 03/5/13 10:49 AM
I wish I still lived in SoCal!

wanderingjew
  • Total Posts : 7379
Re:Calling Marlene, Elise and socal roadfooders; Mr Chips is coming to town - Tue, 03/5/13 11:14 AM
morganen

I wish I still lived in SoCal!

Hey, Morganen

Hope you're well. It's been 4 years since that meet n greet at Philippe's and Daichan

Are you back in the DC area?

morganen
Re:Calling Marlene, Elise and socal roadfooders; Mr Chips is coming to town - Thu, 03/7/13 7:19 PM
Dale, yep, I'm back in Richmond, VA. I really enjoyed the SoCal meet and greet. I'm hoping to get up to New York and maybe even Maine this summer. I'm dying to try a real lobster roll. If you or any other roadfooders have an itch to come to Richmond, I have some great recommendations. 

wanderingjew
  • Total Posts : 7379
Re:Calling Marlene, Elise and socal roadfooders; Mr Chips is coming to town - Fri, 03/8/13 8:22 AM
Elizabeth,

Buffetbuster and I went to Richmond back in 2010
We did manage to locate some really good finds....
Here is the trip report

If you make it to New England , just shoot me an e-mail, I can give you some excellent recommendations and if you get  to Rhode Island- my girlfriend, Sandra and I can certainly play tour guide.

billyboy
  • Total Posts : 2363
Re:Calling Marlene, Elise and socal roadfooders; Mr Chips is coming to town - Fri, 03/8/13 8:53 AM
Hi Morganen, if you need any recs for NYC I'd be happy to provide.  I've got a Master List going of places I love!

morganen
Re:Calling Marlene, Elise and socal roadfooders; Mr Chips is coming to town - Sat, 03/9/13 6:05 AM
Wanderingjew - Great trip report. I got excited to try Mama Mary's since I've never heard of it but I see that it has closed. Sad.

You might already be aware but McCleans has moved. I actually live right next to where it used to be. Its a Quiznos now though. The new McClean's location is bigger but lacks any amount of atmosphere.

Billyboy - Thank you! i'll be sure to email you closer to my vacation.