Where to buy standing rib roast WITH RIBEYE CAP/DECKLE ATTACHED in Cincy/Dayton?

Hamburger
2012/11/19 13:57:00
I've so far tried Greg's Prime Meats in Springboro and Zink's in Franklin, and they both only sell standing rib roasts with the rib cap/fat cap/deckle removed.  Greg himself even "respectfully" told me that the deckle (also called the "butcher's butter") is an inferior cut of meat.  And that's certainly not what I've read on various food sites on the Internets.  Anyway, does anybody have some suggestions as to where I might inquire next?
Root-Beer Man
Cheeseburger
Re:Where to buy standing rib roast WITH RIBEYE CAP/DECKLE ATTACHED in Cincy/Dayton? 2012/11/20 12:12:30
I've found bone in standing rib roasts at Costco, in the past. Most butchers should be able to get you one. They aren't a rarity. If you're willing to travel a bit, you might try Jungle Jim's in Fairfield or Eastgate (down Cincinnati way). They've got a super meat market and it's a good excuse to stock up. They probably have what you're looking for, even a dry aged version of it.
Russ Jackson
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Where to buy standing rib roast WITH RIBEYE CAP/DECKLE ATTACHED in Cincy/Dayton? 2012/11/20 13:38:38
Try Copey's Butcher Shop
10988 Gerlaugh RoadMedwayOH. (937) 849-1338

Straight up 675 till it ends and hang a left. I am sure they could hook you up...Russ
CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:Where to buy standing rib roast WITH RIBEYE CAP/DECKLE ATTACHED in Cincy/Dayton? 2012/11/20 18:31:59
You also might try Stehlin's Meat Market
http://www.stehlinsmeatmarket.com/
They are located just off I-275 in the Northgate/Cincy area, but do custom butchering.  They are a wonderful place to get fresh meat, poultry and pork.

I have had them do several quarters and halfs for my freezer and have always been completely satisfied with the quality of their work.
Rabkin
Hamburger
Re:Where to buy standing rib roast WITH RIBEYE CAP/DECKLE ATTACHED in Cincy/Dayton? 2012/12/17 15:15:54
Thanks for the replies, all.  I actually found what I wanted at good ol' Dorothy Lane Market in Springboro.  But I've bookmarked all your suggestions for future reference.  Again, thanks very much!