Tiki Bar

Junior Burger
2004/03/09 09:44:29
Hi All! I'm a newbie on this sight and I have to say I love it!
I wonder if any of you have ever been to a place called the tiki bar in PA. It lies right next to a river and you get in there, buy the steak you want, they give you a big baked potatoe and you take it outside and cook it yourself on a huge grill. The funnest place I've ever been to and it's offroad where it's quiet and in the woods.

I can't remember where it was! Somewhere near lancaster?

I visited a restaurant in CA that had the same idea, and you could cook your own steak, I just wish someone would come up with that idea here in Georgia! I'd eat there alot. They had all the seasonings and sauces on the side of the grill so you can grill it just the way you like it. It also had a thick cement wall around the whole grill so you could only get close enough to cook your steak, and it made a great place to put your beer while you were busy!
RubyRose
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Tiki Bar 2004/03/09 11:00:17
I believe that would be the Tiki Bar along the Manatawney Creek in Boyertown, PA. I'm not sure if it's still open or not.
tiki
Filet Mignon
RE: Tiki Bar 2004/03/09 20:33:38
hey!!! I haven't had a bar in many years!!!
Art Deco
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Tiki Bar 2004/03/10 09:42:29
Dang, I was hoping that this one had the "tiki seal of approval"!!
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Tiki Bar 2004/03/10 09:56:17
Stern's used to have the Iowa Steak House reviewed in a couple of their earlier editions of ROADFOOD. We stopped there in the mid-90's a couple of times (Des Moines). They would take a dollar off the price of the meat entree if you cooked it yourself. The one advantage, other than the chance to cook it "your way", was that you got to select your steak or pork chops from the stock available . It made a nice break from the I-80 routine especially when headed west.
Don't know if it is still open or not.
carlton pierre
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Tiki Bar 2005/03/04 18:42:51
We have a place here in Knoxville where you can cook your own steak. Hey, if I want to ruin a steak I can do that at home. When I go out, I want someone who knows what the heck they're doing to cook my steak.
ScreamingChicken
Filet Mignon
RE: Tiki Bar 2005/03/04 19:07:01
Around here it's "The Prime Quarter" and there are locations in Janesville, Madison, Green Bay, Appleton, and Rockford IL (although I'm not 100% sure of the last 2). Quality meats and quality sides, and IIRC it's all-you-can-eat of everything but the meat. Haven't been there in a long time...

Brad
usaf_trevor
Junior Burger
RE: Tiki Bar 2005/03/29 13:46:56
quote:
Originally posted by pegger1

Hi All! I'm a newbie on this sight and I have to say I love it!
I wonder if any of you have ever been to a place called the tiki bar in PA. It lies right next to a river and you get in there, buy the steak you want, they give you a big baked potatoe and you take it outside and cook it yourself on a huge grill. The funnest place I've ever been to and it's offroad where it's quiet and in the woods.

I can't remember where it was! Somewhere near lancaster?

I visited a restaurant in CA that had the same idea, and you could cook your own steak, I just wish someone would come up with that idea here in Georgia! I'd eat there alot. They had all the seasonings and sauces on the side of the grill so you can grill it just the way you like it. It also had a thick cement wall around the whole grill so you could only get close enough to cook your steak, and it made a great place to put your beer while you were busy!

Visit www.tikibarpa.com for details on this bar. I love it, worked there for about 3 or 4 years in High School. And as far as being near Lancaster... well, not really, about an hour away. Closer to Reading / Boyertown area. Definitely off the beaten path, though.