The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > >> | Showing page 15 of 22, messages 421 to 450 of 644
mayor al

• Total Posts: 15062
  • Roadfood Insider
Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 10:42 AM (permalink)
Pete
I lost your phone number. 
Please send it in an email. I also have misplaced your new email...send it all to me, then skip the calling.

We will be at the Petro's at the 299 in AL about 8 am Friday.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17817
    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 11:09 AM (permalink)
    Al, I had a really terrific hot dog at the Petro on I-65 at exit 86 in Kentucky on the way down to Nashville last year. We didn't get into the Iron Skillet there, though. Unfortunately, the only Petro truck stops in Ohio are too far away for a chicken fried steak run. I sure wish the Flying Js were still operating real restaurants.

ChiTownDiner

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 11:58 AM (permalink)
      I am beginning to get hungry...

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 12:13 PM (permalink)
        So am I, and lleechef wants to go to Buffalo Wild Wings.

ChiTownDiner

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 12:14 PM (permalink)
          My 2 boys love that place...but that translates to mean beer, women and food! 

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 12:23 PM (permalink)
            I've never been. I hope they have Smithwicks -- and on tap, please.

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7384
              • Roadfood Insider
              Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 12:25 PM (permalink)
              ChiTownDiner

I am beginning to get hungry...

Really?????
              You????
              Naahhh, couldnt be.......

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 12:31 PM (permalink)
                After twelve years of hard use, today our hot water heater decided to retire. Service man is on the way. We will have this fixed before Queen Anne steps off of her Limo (Greyhound) Wed. Evening !!!
                Couldn't have happened at a better time !!! It is the pilot light valve...not the water or plumbing, so hopfully the gas company can get it fixed.

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3564
                  Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 3:29 PM (permalink)
                  Saturday I had to re-light the pilot light. I had just taken a cold shower. It seems I have been having to relight it every few weeks. Are we caught in "Revenge of the Water Heaters"?

mayor al

After twelve years of hard use, today our hot water heater decided to retire. Service man is on the way. We will have this fixed before Queen Anne steps off of her Limo (Greyhound) Wed. Evening !!!
                  Couldn't have happened at a better time !!! It is the pilot light valve...not the water or plumbing, so hopfully the gas company can get it fixed.

ChiTownDiner

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 4:42 PM (permalink)
                    Michael Hoffman

Not sure...as both boys are on college budgets, they drink a brand called "cheapest!" 

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 4:44 PM (permalink)
                      We have had some gusty winds today...30-40 mph, thats enough to do in the pilot in the water heater. Manually lighting it is a chore, but we've done it many times over the years.  This time it doesn't light at all.
                      Gas company came and went...Plumber is on the way.  Not a big worry, but a diversion !

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 4:57 PM (permalink)
                        ChiTownDiner

Michael Hoffman

Not sure...as both boys are on college budgets, they drink a brand called "cheapest!" 

They didn't have Smithwicks. I ended up with a bottled Guiness Black lager. lleechef had a Newcastle Brown Ale on tap. My burger was somewhat acceptable. She liked her little wings. We are  not likely to return.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 6:07 PM (permalink)
                          The Launch hour is fast approaching. We are really looking forward to Anne's arrival wed evening.  Then Thursday she and I will lunch at Hubers Family  Farm Restaurant, and bring home doggie bags for Mrs Mayor.  Nap til 2 am or so and on the road by 3 AM. we gain an hour as we cross KY, so the total driving time should run about 12 hours.
                            Yeah... I love it when a plan comes together.

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
                            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 6:30 PM (permalink)
                            Oh crap. That's THIS week?

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                              Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 6:34 PM (permalink)
                              The Travelin Man

Oh crap. That's THIS week?

I heard all hotels are booked in Mobile next weekend for some "glee club event"- looks like chez mini van for you ! 

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                                • Roadfood Insider
                                Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 6:37 PM (permalink)
                                I just saw the weather forcast forthe rest of ths week...

WHICH ONE OF YOU IS BRINGING THE COLD & SNOW TO THE SOUTH?????

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                  Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 6:43 PM (permalink)
                                  CajunKing

I just saw the weather forcast forthe rest of ths week...

WHICH ONE OF YOU IS BRINGING THE COLD & SNOW TO THE SOUTH?????

Like I said previously- that would be me!

I also bring heat waves out west....... as evidenced by past trips to LA (twice) Boise, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Tucson, Portland and Seattle.

BTW, not sure where you see snow, but it's nowhere near where I'm heading.

EdSails

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 6:59 PM (permalink)
                                    Just checked in online......all set to fly to PNS tomorrow morning. I have a 3 hour layover in Atlanta. Any decent place to grab a bite in the Atlanta airport while I am waiting?

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 7:03 PM (permalink)
                                      I am packed, and ready. Books for the limo ride down-have about an hour stop both in Chicago and Indianapolis-hoping for some adventure time. Hubers on Thursday! Its a date!.....My co workers can tell I am already in the mode for this.........dreamy eyed and ready.This trip will be SO worth it, my friends.....

ann peeples

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 7:06 PM (permalink)
                                        By the way, I love naps!Mom said I never argued.....

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6225
                                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 7:40 PM (permalink)
                                          Hell, I've been ready since Al started this thread last December!! 

ann peeples

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 7:46 PM (permalink)
                                            Cant wait, Lisa!

wanderingjew

• Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                              • Roadfood Insider
                                              Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 7:58 PM (permalink)
                                              EdSails

Just checked in online......all set to fly to PNS tomorrow morning. I have a 3 hour layover in Atlanta. Any decent place to grab a bite in the Atlanta airport while I am waiting?

Ed,

I can tell you what to avoid
                                              Paschal's Southern Cuisine

Horrible with a capital H

On an aside, we fly out Wednesday at 5pm to Charlotte and begin our journey to Mobile there.....

Still not sure if Lawan's Soul Food Restaurant  or Nana's Soul Food Kitchen is going to be our dinner  stop (assuming we arrive on time)

CajunKing

• Roadfood Insider
                                                Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 8:57 PM (permalink)
                                                Saturday in nashville is only to be in the low 30's for a high and teens over night with a chance of SNOW.  So it will be a little warmer down south but Mid Tenn will be colder than a well diggers arse.

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 9:17 PM (permalink)
                                                  On the way home from work today, I heard Sweet Home Alabama on the radio, which can only be taken as a good sign.  Now, if they will play The Who's Going Mobile, I will be all set!

EdSails

• Location: Mission Viejo, CA
                                                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 9:22 PM (permalink)
                                                    wanderingjew

EdSails

Ed,
                                                     I can tell you what to avoid
                                                    Paschal's Southern Cuisine

Horrible with a capital H

Thanks, Dale. I might have tried it because of the name. Sometimes it is more important to know which one NOT to try!

EdSails

• Location: Mission Viejo, CA
                                                      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 9:27 PM (permalink)
                                                      buffetbuster

On the way home from work today, I heard Sweet Home Alabama on the radio, which can only be taken as a good sign.  Now, if they will play The Who's Going Mobile, I will be all set!

'
                                                      I will have to do some music tonight before I get to sleep for my early morning flight. Grateful Dead's "Alabama Getaway"and Jimmy Buffet's  "Stars Fell Over Alabama" seem to be good choices. Any other ideas for official music for the Meeting?

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4463
                                                        • Location: Pittston, PA
                                                        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 9:28 PM (permalink)
                                                        Have a great time folks!  Hope to make it one of these years.

A Toast!

CajunKing

• Location: Live at Saint Clair
                                                          • Roadfood Insider
                                                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 10:13 PM (permalink)
                                                          Buffet's "Bama Breeze"
                                                          Buffet's "The Weather is Here, I wish You Were Beautiful"
                                                          Buffet's "I will Play for Gumbo"
                                                          Buffet's " Stars Fell on Alalbama"
                                                          Bufffet's "When The Coast is Clear"

are just a few I can think of that will get you in the forgotten coast frame of mind

MikeS.

• Total Posts: 5360
                                                            • Location: FarEasternPanhandle, WV
                                                            • Roadfood Insider
                                                            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/11/13 10:21 PM (permalink)
                                                            I just talked to Poverty Pete, he and I will hook up with Cajun King for lunch on Thursday. I'm hoping that my cousin Johnnie will come along.

Friday 7ish we'll head South to Mobile. We're going to meet up with WJ and Sandy for lunch in Montgomery.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > >> | Showing page 15 of 22, messages 421 to 450 of 644

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 7 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com