any tips and tricks of the trade?

newtoque
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
any tips and tricks of the trade? - Fri, 12/14/12 2:54 PM
I'm new to the business aspect of BBQ and was just wondering if there were any tips tricks or anything that can help me be successful. Like what should i use to hold my done products so that they wont dry out. I make my own sauce which hasn't had a bad review as of yet but i think it is missing something .Just any types of information would be greatly appreciated.
 Jeremy
Williams Brothers BBQ

kland01s
  • Total Posts : 2835
Re:any tips and tricks of the trade? - Fri, 12/14/12 3:40 PM
Just research here and read back, this post was from in the last month. You'll find plenty.

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/Prime-rib-on-a-smokeradvice-please-m720118.aspx

newtoque
Re:any tips and tricks of the trade? - Fri, 12/14/12 3:45 PM
thank you

pnwchef
  • Total Posts : 2226
Re:any tips and tricks of the trade? - Fri, 12/14/12 7:03 PM
Be your biggest Critic, learn from everyone, be humble, remember you can't learn anything with your mouth open..................pnwc .................I just remembered I for got to welcome you to Roadfood, I wish you the best.........Wait for Chewingthefat to come in he will talk to you about the importance of taking pictures and how to use a camera...............
<message edited by pnwchef on Fri, 12/14/12 7:07 PM>

newtoque
Re:any tips and tricks of the trade? - Fri, 12/21/12 5:32 PM
thank you and yes that one of my best qualities i listen well and make changes accordingly. We have only had 0 negative critics as of yet but i know they will come. We actually have a heads up on pictures to that how we got customers before we were even open :-).