Has any one used a U-Haul truck as a Food Truck? I thought the window would b high?

pinchofthyme
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Has any one used a U-Haul truck as a Food Truck? I thought the window would b high? - Mon, 12/17/12 3:45 PM

BpCBlake
  • Total Posts : 436
Re:Has any one used a U-Haul truck as a Food Truck? I thought the window would b high? - Mon, 12/17/12 3:58 PM
the old box trucks would prolly be too high. but you could have made a platform with steps you could put down at each location. the newer trucks with the lower body would be better. some had a fiberglass body thou, I dont know if a health dept. would approve one without a major rehab inside.
maybe find a older ice cream truck with the all metal bodys.

chefbuba
  • Total Posts : 1952
Re:Has any one used a U-Haul truck as a Food Truck? I thought the window would b high? - Mon, 12/17/12 3:59 PM
Someone that posts here on occasion has one, I saw one in a food truck pod when I was in Portland, OR a few weeks ago. I have also seen the van bodies turned into trailers.

chefbuba
  • Total Posts : 1952
Re:Has any one used a U-Haul truck as a Food Truck? I thought the window would b high? - Mon, 12/17/12 4:28 PM
I believe the member was dwags541, search through his posts, there are some pics of his truck somewhere.

HotDogopolis
  • Total Posts : 32
Re:Has any one used a U-Haul truck as a Food Truck? I thought the window would b high? - Mon, 12/17/12 5:40 PM
Strange. I have been obsessed with this idea for a while now. I checked out several uhaul/Ryder trucks recently. The 10' box truck is built on a van frame. That one seems like the serving window would be about right. All the rest of the box trucks are built on a truck frame, and they seemed like they would be too high.

I have been blown out by the weather too many times down here in Birmingham. Days where I decide not to set up, and then it ends up not raining. Days where it stops raining around noon, but it's too late to set up a cart. I think I would have much more flexibility using a truck. Now if we can just get the Birmingham City Counsil to leave us alone!