Pirmanti's Might be Expanding outside of Pittsburgh PA

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18625
Re:Pirmanti's Might be Expanding outside of Pittsburgh PA 2013/01/13 19:28:02 (permalink)
I'll go along with the Cincinnati chili and the weck. but I'll take the chili four-way with onions.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7778
Re:Pirmanti's Might be Expanding outside of Pittsburgh PA 2013/01/13 22:07:23 (permalink)
This is a little story about a local sub shop...here in the land of Roadfood subs.

Blimpie #1 is located on Washington Street in <<<Hoboken>>> ( of course).

Blimpie #2 (also still pure) is located on Broadway in <<<Bayonne>>>.

Now...there could not possibly be stiffer competition or higher sandwich expectations in the sandwich market than here in heaven.

Blimpie eventually franchised and I have never been to a Blimpie other than the motherships. Those 2 locations are still local favorites with high quality cold cuts...untouched by the corporate doom & gloom so many people expect when something like this happens.

It will always be our Blimpie Base...Bases really since there are 2 Blimpie Bases....here in the land of Baseball.

http://www.nj.com/hoboken..._franchise_expo_t.html

Oh and when it comes to utilizing their place as a way to give back to others....

http://www.nj.com/hoboken...pie_founder_gives.html

They never forget where they came from...and rally the community causes.
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/01/13 23:03:19
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18625
Re:Pirmanti's Might be Expanding outside of Pittsburgh PA 2013/01/13 23:14:57 (permalink)
I guarantee that your Blimpie's don't put out subs like the franchised Blimpie's that opened around here. While the ones that opened here were not bad compared to the franchised Jersey Mike's and Subways (at least Blimpie's offered prosciutto and mortadella) I'm sure that Jerseyites would not find their product familiar. Oh, and I think all the ones that opened here are gone now.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7778
Re:Pirmanti's Might be Expanding outside of Pittsburgh PA 2013/01/13 23:20:14 (permalink)
The motherships never changed and are beloved. If someone did not know about Blimple otherwise and stumbled on the local locations...they'd be convinced it was just a local sub shop.

They still sell soda in plain plastic quart containers....just like when I was 5 years old and protested getting dinner from Lum Chin Inn...a local Chinese restaurant. I always got a Blimpie on Lum Chin Inn nights.
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/01/13 23:24:30
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1