Gold Rush!

We all agree on Amish Mafia, except Michael Hoffman, but with Gold Rush, It may be a mindless Reality show, but I like it! The 3 groups all very different, the Grandfather, how does one not love the guy, 92-93 still going strong. The Grandson[ damn, as I write I can't remember any of their names], in any case, your feelings about Gold Rush?
post edited by chewingthefat - 2013/01/24 17:40:58
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
Re:Gold Rush! 2013/01/24 18:00:17
Do you watch these shows at work?
I'm surrounded by Gold Miners out here, so I don't need to watch a show about it.
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Gold Rush! 2013/01/25 16:09:02
I like it.
kennyb
Cheeseburger
Re:Gold Rush! 2013/01/25 16:09:20
i watch them all. having lived in Alaska 6 years and doing alot of what these shows portray, i like them. alot is stagged but these guys are still out there doin it. i don't thnk i would listen to one thing todd has to say though.
Re:Gold Rush! 2013/01/26 17:14:53
1bbqboy

Do you watch these shows at work?
I'm surrounded by Gold Miners out here, so I don't need to watch a show about it.

No, no TV's in here.

lleechef
Sirloin
Re:Gold Rush! 2013/01/26 18:56:43
Never heard of it or seen it, but if there is a Gold Rush in Alaska, I'm going back!!!  Been in the Klondike, wouldn't want to live there.
ChrisOC
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Gold Rush! 2013/01/26 22:40:15
OMG there's gold in them thar hills!!!
kland01s
Filet Mignon
Re:Gold Rush! 2013/01/27 13:34:47
Nah, I liked the one about the homesteaders that was on earlier last year. Atz Lee and his family. 
Re:Gold Rush! 2013/01/27 17:23:59
kland01s

Nah, I liked the one about the homesteaders that was on earlier last year. Atz Lee and his family. 

I liked that as well, Lord some people march to a different beat from me!

1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
Re:Gold Rush! 2013/01/27 18:16:30
Miner faces $200,000 fine for ‘trashing’ Southern Oregon salmon stream – Get Outdoors
 MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) — A federal magistrate in Medford has recommended a gold miner pay nearly $200,000 in fines and attorney’s fees and stop working his claim on a Southern Oregon salmon stream.
The miner, Donald Bean of Central Point, told the Mail Tribune that he expected the finding to be filed this week in U.S. District Court in Medford. The magistrate’s recommendations still must be approved by a judge.
Court records say Bean acted as his own attorney and never responded to the Clean Water Act case brought by Rogue Riverkeeper, a project of Klamath-Siskiyou Wildlands Center in Ashland.
“He trashed a riparian preserve that belongs to all of us,” said George Sexton, director of the conservation group. “All we want out of it is for him to stop the illegal activity and fix what he’s done.”
Bean, of Gold Hill, started working the claim on federal land along Sucker Creek outside Cave Junction in 2010, after his construction business went sour.
Magistrate Judge Mark Clarke found that Bean failed to get the proper permits for discharging pollutants into the creek, and his excavations harmed critical habitat for coho salmon, a threatened species.
Clarke recommended fines of $96,150, which works out to about $37.50 for each of the 2,654 violations Bean built up, as well as $81,396.50 in fees for Rogue Riverkeeper’s attorneys.
The magistrate also recommended barring Bean from further work on the placer mine, and requiring him to restore the site by filling in two mining pits, removing a berm and a road, and restoring vegetation.
Sucker Creek was mined heavily during the Gold Rush of the 1850s, and logged heavily before habitat protections for salmon put the brakes on timber production in the 1990s. About $750,000 worth of restoration work has been done on the creek where it runs inside the Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest.
cont..
just as an example