Bringing New Users To Roadfood Via Social Media Buttons

scrumptiouschef
  • Total Posts : 641
  • Reward points : 0
Bringing New Users To Roadfood Via Social Media Buttons - Sat, 02/2/13 12:03 PM
I'd love to see hundreds of new users beefing up the Roadfood community. One way to accomplish this would be to install Tumblr. Twitter. Reddit. and Stumbleupon buttons on each topic in the forums.

It would drive a lot, I mean A LOT of traffic back to the board.

Some of the traffic might find the boards irresistible, register, and start posting their own topics.

Just a thought.

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this but figured I'd give it a shot.

Davydd
  • Total Posts : 6224
Re:Bringing New Users To Roadfood Via Social Media Buttons - Sat, 02/2/13 2:14 PM
Roadfood.com has a Facebook page with 5,090 likes but other than the website being mentioned in the About page, I don't see any syncronized linking between Facebook and this forum.

I'm on other boards that post from the message forums any interesting and hot topics on their Facebook page that does what you suggest. But that is mostly reminders for member of the forum in the first place because you have to "like" the page first and those that do then probably find the message forums.

scrumptiouschef
Re:Bringing New Users To Roadfood Via Social Media Buttons - Sun, 02/3/13 10:49 AM
I didn't even know Roadfood had a Facebook page. I'll log on on my acct once every couple months, never understood the fascination. But I do know that 1000s of new viewers, and possible future members could be driven over here via a few buttons that would allow easy cross posting onto Twitter etc.

chewingthefat
  • Total Posts : 6097
Re:Bringing New Users To Roadfood Via Social Media Buttons - Sun, 02/3/13 12:33 PM
scrumptiouschef

I didn't even know Roadfood had a Facebook page. I'll log on on my acct once every couple months, never understood the fascination. But I do know that 1000s of new viewers, and possible future members could be driven over here via a few buttons that would allow easy cross posting onto Twitter etc.

It's a good idea, I agree with you completely chef!

Michael Hoffman
  • Total Posts : 17837
Re:Bringing New Users To Roadfood Via Social Media Buttons - Sun, 02/3/13 1:03 PM
Tumblr. Reddit. and Stumbleupon? I give up. What are those things? Twitter I know of.

scrumptiouschef
Re:Bringing New Users To Roadfood Via Social Media Buttons - Sun, 02/3/13 1:42 PM
Tumblr alone has 80 million bloggers who see 20 billion page views per month

Davydd
Re:Bringing New Users To Roadfood Via Social Media Buttons - Sun, 02/3/13 2:46 PM
...and Google+, Flickr, Instagram. It just goes on and on.

The Travelin Man
  • Total Posts : 3698
Re:Bringing New Users To Roadfood Via Social Media Buttons - Mon, 02/4/13 10:32 AM
This is not a social media-friendly site. The "powers that be" don't seem to have any interest in making it so.

mar52
  • Total Posts : 7599
Re:Bringing New Users To Roadfood Via Social Media Buttons - Mon, 02/4/13 12:35 PM
Look at the bottom of the grey block where you read this....

There are share buttons for Facebook, Twitter and some bluish squarish logo thing.

Davydd
Re:Bringing New Users To Roadfood Via Social Media Buttons - Mon, 02/4/13 1:35 PM
mar52

Look at the bottom of the grey block where you read this....

There are share buttons for Facebook, Twitter and some bluish squarish logo thing.

That is one rectangular button that brings up a window with 10 social media places you can share to or email.

kland01s
  • Total Posts : 2835
Re:Bringing New Users To Roadfood Via Social Media Buttons - Mon, 02/4/13 2:19 PM
Yup, at the bottom bar there is a "Online Bookmarks Sharing" that pretty much covers everything!

scrumptiouschef
Re:Bringing New Users To Roadfood Via Social Media Buttons - Mon, 02/4/13 3:07 PM
thanks for the headsup, never noticed that before.

felix4067
  • Total Posts : 3298
Re:Bringing New Users To Roadfood Via Social Media Buttons - Mon, 02/4/13 3:08 PM
Huh. I can honestly say I have never noticed that before now. And even when I knew I was looking for something it was hard to find.