Tomasita's in Santa Fe, NM

Junior Burger
2013/02/07 14:46:48
Whenever we go to Santa Fe, we stop at Tomasita's on North Guadalupe Street.  The Stuffed Sopapillas with Christmas Chile are my very favorite!  They have a huge sign in the lobby warning customers about the hot green chile.
carlton pierre
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Tomasita's in Santa Fe, NM 2013/02/08 07:49:51
I just had a party at my house over the past weekend for NM food.  Homemade Carne Atovado ( sp?) Greenchili enchiladas both chicken and beef. 
carlton pierre
Re:Tomasita's in Santa Fe, NM 2013/02/08 07:50:46
By the way, Major Woods, welcome to Roadfood.  We'd certainly welcome you to post more of your favorite places.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:Tomasita's in Santa Fe, NM 2013/02/08 08:23:05
majorkwoods-
Welcome to Roadfood!  I love hearing about places to eat in Santa Fe.  Where else do you like to eat in town?
mar52
Sirloin
Re:Tomasita's in Santa Fe, NM 2013/02/08 12:21:29
Welcome, Majorkwoods!

Christmas chile has become something I search for.  Great when I can't make up my mind.

Let's hear some more!
HollyDolly
Re:Tomasita's in Santa Fe, NM 2013/02/08 13:26:01
Welcome Majorkwoods.I've never heard of Christmas Chile at all.
I've had sopapillas at places here in San Antonio,but they are usually around here served as a dessert with honey and powdered sugar. I'd like to try one stuffed some time.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:Tomasita's in Santa Fe, NM 2013/02/08 13:35:34
HollyDolly-
In most New Mexico restaurants they ask you if you want green chile or red chile.  If you want both, you ask for Christmas!
NYNM
Filet Mignon
Re:Tomasita's in Santa Fe, NM 2013/05/12 23:50:32
I like Tomasita's OK, has a bit of a waiting line, tho. If you want down and dirty but award winning try El Parasol's (take out only)
http://www.elparasol.com

A few locations - SF, Pojaque, Espanola
WileyP
Junior Burger
Re:Tomasita's in Santa Fe, NM 2013/07/14 21:28:08
NYNM ...If you want down and dirty but award winning try El Parasol's (take out only)...

El Parasol now has a second location and the new one has real tables and chairs. It is located on south Cerrillos, so far south that it is past the I-25 interchange. Once past the interchange, there is a new-ish shopping and office area just east of Cerrillos. You might have to hunt around in there to find it, because last time I was there none of the shops in the area had signs you could see from the highway. Note that it is a pretty crowded place during the lunch hour.