King Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls

Cheeseburger
2013/02/08 18:30:39
Has anybody used the mini sub rolls by King Hawaiian?? I'm opening a cart in a few months and have been looking for a bun that will allow me to top my dogs with a hearty helping of toppings. (chili, pulled pork, etc.) I saw these while looking and thought they might be a good option. I'm going to give them a try at home for myself but wondered if any of you had an opinion on them.
EdSails
Filet Mignon
Re:King Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls 2013/02/08 18:57:07
I haven't tried those but i use King's Hawaiian rolls (the square ones) for ham sandwiches. I also use them for pulled pork sliders. They hold up extremely well with the juicy pulled pork. I get a lot of compliments on the taste of the rolls. I think you might find it will work well for you.
djdawg
Cheeseburger
Re:King Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls 2013/02/09 07:47:29
Do they have kind of a sweet taste like the other King Hawaiian products? That doesn't sound very appetizing to me when I think about it being a hot dog bun but that's only my opinion...
YOAman
Junior Burger
Re:King Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls 2013/02/09 10:37:23
kings actually makes there sweet rolls as a hot dog bun now, check it out on there page. Got some at walmart, they are amazing but waaaaaaay over priced
jcheese
Double Cheeseburger
Re:King Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls 2013/02/09 11:32:59
I think they are great for breakfast sliders but can't see making much profit due to their price.
sillydogz
Cheeseburger
Re:King Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls 2013/02/09 18:36:49
I'm not sure of the taste, i haven't tried them yet.

I know they cost a bit more BUT they will only be used for my specialty dogs. Dogs topped with pulled pork, chili, mac n cheese. I want to be able to pile them high and I think these might be good for that.
djdawg
Cheeseburger
Re:King Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls 2013/02/09 19:12:37
Why not go through a local bakery?  You will have fresher product, probably cheaper and can say they are "locally sourced"  (I hate that term) which is all the rage right now....