French Fry Cutter

Junior Burger
2013/02/21 10:23:29
Does anyone have good experience using a commercial french fry cutter.  I have been looking at the different brands and there always are good and bad reviews.  I was looking at the Winco, but heard that the blades bend?  Is there a brand out there that people swear by as a really good one.
chefbuba
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:French Fry Cutter 2013/02/21 10:45:29
Go to a restaurant supply store, see it, touch it, feel it. Some things you just cant buy off the internet.
I'm seeing prices of $49 for this......I paid close to $200 for the one that I have, don't know the brand, but you get what you pay for.
Re:French Fry Cutter 2013/02/21 13:55:32
The only experience I have with a french fry cutter was prepping for a friend's booth at the state fair.  They have a table mounted one with a hand cranks for making curly fries.  Worked fantastic, however the experience was enough to ensure that I would NEVER go with curly fries on my own menu!  UGH 
FriedTater
Cheeseburger
Re:French Fry Cutter 2013/02/21 15:33:52
Noodles, tell your friend to throw that  hand crank away. Life is too short to work hard. Go to Wal-Mart and get you a $19.00 Black and Decker drill and adapt it to fit his tater cutter.
Re:French Fry Cutter 2013/02/21 16:20:39
Great idea!  If she doesn't and I help her out again, I'll buy one for her. 
pnwchef
Filet Mignon
Re:French Fry Cutter 2013/02/21 18:09:15
chefbuba

Go to a restaurant supply store, see it, touch it, feel it. Some things you just cant buy off the internet.
I'm seeing prices of $49 for this......I paid close to $200 for the one that I have, don't know the brand, but you get what you pay for.

I did this when I met my wife, it lasted 35 yrs so far...........Chefbuba is right................it cost me more than $49 though.
RodBangkok
Cheeseburger
Re:French Fry Cutter 2013/02/21 19:43:56
Nemco makes a good heavy duty unit, easier to actuate than the older models and other designs.  Check to insure they have replacement blades in stock for whatever type you choose.