Hot!That Roasted Chicken Taste

Junior Burger
2013/02/27 09:54:45
What are the best spices to make your own Roasted Chicken?  Any help will be much appreciated.
sandrew834
Hamburger
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/10/29 04:25:30
My whole family enjoyed the tasty meal. I used a six pound chicken, so I doubled the spices. I put an onion and celery leaves in the cavity before roasting. I cooked it at 350 degrees for about 2 hours. It was wonderful!! Quick to prepare and very delicious!  
Mosca
Filet Mignon
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/10/29 21:22:50
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/10/30 00:45:18
CAVENDERS GREEK SEASONING
http://greekseasoning.com
WarToad
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/10/30 14:23:16
Rosemary, sage, thyme, black pepper, and salt is my K.I.S.S. theory poultry rub.
ScreamingChicken
Filet Mignon
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/10/30 14:48:44
I like to use the seasonings in a compound butter that's put on the skin and between the skin and the meat.
Twinwillow
Sirloin
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/10/30 14:56:38
Lately, tons of fresh smashed garlic and Penzey's, "Krakow Nights" Polish style seasoning.
marteenhook
Junior Burger
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/11/13 00:12:01
I like to use black pepper, fresh mint, basil, paprika and also use butter under the skin of the breast to help keep it moist and to add some flavor notes to the mild meat.
plb
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/11/13 09:37:38
I always use a Mexican Chicken Rub when making beer-can chicken, currently Fiesta Brand. 
brisketboy
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/11/13 10:49:07
McCormak (sp) sells a poultry rub that I've used a lot. I'll spray the chicken with no stick and sprinkle this on. Works really good on beer can chicken.
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/11/13 11:17:16
"Excuse me", but why are the two posts above "flagged"?

brisketboy
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/11/13 11:21:37
Kind of wondered about that myself. Someone getting flag happy I suppose.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/11/13 11:37:09
MetroplexJim

"Excuse me", but why are the two posts above "flagged"?

Because they both were stolen whole from other websites.
brisketboy
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/11/13 11:43:34
Ok but how does one know just by looking at the posts? Just curious.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/11/13 12:04:10
brisketboy

Ok but how does one know just by looking at the posts? Just curious.

Based on previous posts by these two it was clear to me that they were not original. By copying the posts and Googling the originals showed up immediately.
WarToad
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/11/13 12:17:52
Unnecessary hall monitoring.
bartl
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/11/13 13:37:12
OT:

WarToad Unnecessary hall monitoring.

There are people who are coming here to spam. For that reason, there is a minimum posting requirement before you can post links and photos. There have been a spate of would-be spammers coming in here, and a noticeable growth in people with low posting counts who exclusively post things that were copied and pasted from other sites. Some move across the line to out and out plagiarism (such as posting recipes from other sites without giving credit).

Bart
brisketboy
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/11/13 13:51:49
Yeah but you never know when you might want a kitchen.
CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/11/13 20:18:48
WarToad

Rosemary, sage, thyme, black pepper, and salt is my K.I.S.S. theory poultry rub.

and where is the parsley??

CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/11/13 20:20:55
brisketboy

Yeah but you never know when you might want a kitchen.

or some cc #s or pin #s or .....
myterry2
Double Cheeseburger
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/11/13 22:01:17
I like whatever seasoning they use at my local Sunset Foods in Lake Forest...then I pop on the grill to finish it off.
BelleReve
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/11/14 14:14:12
I just brush on a couple tbs of softened butter, cracked black pepper and Kosher salt.
dinein44
Junior Burger
Flagged as Spam (2)
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/12/16 03:59:21
Use black pepper,  paprika tons of fresh smashed garlic and Penzey's and also use butter under the skin of the breast to help keep it moist and to add some flavor notes to the mild meat. It was wonderful!! Quick to prepare and very delicious!  
www.dinein.co.uk
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/12/16 08:59:38
dinein44

Use black pepper,  paprika tons of fresh smashed garlic and Penzey's and also use butter under the skin of the breast to help keep it moist and to add some flavor notes to the mild meat. It was wonderful!! Quick to prepare and very delicious!  
www.dinein.co.uk

so you recommend new kitchen cabinets as one way to really get good chicken flavor?
myterry2
Double Cheeseburger
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/12/16 10:16:55
Just go to to your favorite store...most have various types of seasoned chickens...bring it home, split in half, put on the grill skin side up...after a few minutes, you have a wonderful roasted chicken.
Twinwillow
Sirloin
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/12/16 11:20:35
TJ Jackson

dinein44

www.dinein.co.uk

so you recommend new kitchen cabinets as one way to really get good chicken flavor?

I would like to see the mods ban dinein44 from Roadfood. "It" has never contributed anything worthwhile. Unless of course, you consider plagiarism and spam worthwhile. 
EdSails
Filet Mignon
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/12/16 11:40:34
Twinwillow

TJ Jackson

dinein44

www.dinein.co.uk

I would like to see the mods ban dinein44 from Roadfood. "It" has never contributed anything worthwhile. Unless of course, you consider plagiarism and spam worthwhile. 

I was just in Hawaii and they consider SPAM very worthwhile. 
EdSails
Filet Mignon
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/12/16 11:45:03
I just smoked 9 cornish game hens last weekend. I made a melted butter with sage, Penzey's "French Four Spice" (white pepper. ginger,nutmeg,cloves), salt and thyme. Brushed it on the chickens before I stuck them on the smoker. Rebrushed the tops about half hour into the cooking. There were no leftovers.
rumaki
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/12/16 15:54:03
The OP asked for spices, not herbs, but speaking for myself, a roast chicken without tarragon isn't worth having! 
rexfullerupperville
Junior Burger
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2013/12/26 03:11:37
Rosemary, thymes and black pepper
Cosmos
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2014/04/07 22:43:13
I mix a bowl of roughly chopped garlic, salt, pepper and whatever herb(s) strikes my fancy. Sometimes tarragon, sometimes, thyme and rosemary. Fresh is best but dried will do. I dump this in the cavity. I then split a large clove of garlic and stuff it under side of the breast skin near the leg, rub the bird with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and what ever dried herb I put inside. If I use fresh herb inside I stuff some under the skin with the garlic. I love doing that with big leaves of fresh basil.
the grillman
Double Cheeseburger
Re:That Roasted Chicken Taste 2014/04/08 10:19:37
My wife always uses this recipe for roast chicken at home; my mouth just waters thinking of it.

http://www.foodnetwork.co...st-chicken-recipe.html

And the Sam's roast chickens are excellent, too; and cheap and easy.  But the recipe above is the best I've ever had.