A Roadtrip from Chicago to Florida...eating our way across the USA!

Rosebud
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
A Roadtrip from Chicago to Florida...eating our way across the USA! - Fri, 03/22/13 2:03 PM
Roadtrip to Florida...the circuitous route! Our trip included a stop to Wendell Smith's in Nashville, The Crab Shack in Tybee Island, GA, and The Boarding House Rest in Savannah(where we dined with the owner:)! My favorite restaurants on our month-long trip were not in the book and should be considered! The Breakfast Club on Tybee Island was exactly what I would expect in the Roadfood book...the favorite of locals and a really 'hot spot' for a Saturday chow-down breakfast! Also...we found the MOST FANTASTIC little restaurant serving classic southern food...a mid-priced fabulous menu in the genteel ambiance of an old home in the downtown area of the little town of Perry, Georgia. It is also a delightful little town for an interesting stop when you're tired of driving! "Eat Your Way Across the USA" has become our vacation motto:)

crew84row
  • Total Posts : 173
Re:A Roadtrip from Chicago to Florida...eating our way across the USA! - Fri, 03/22/13 2:16 PM
Was that Swanson's? in Perry?   We 've missed stopping there on Sunday's twice now when we've comeback from Hotlanta.
Glad you had a good trip.
I hope you can come back with reviews of the places you like that aren't yet on RF or in the Book. 

mayor al
  • Total Posts : 15059
Re:A Roadtrip from Chicago to Florida...eating our way across the USA! - Sun, 03/31/13 7:53 AM
Welcome to the boards Rosebud. We looking forward to reading the details of your adventures shortly.
AL

mar52
  • Total Posts : 7595
Re:A Roadtrip from Chicago to Florida...eating our way across the USA! - Sun, 03/31/13 3:03 PM
Rosebud!  That's a great start.  I see you're a long time Roadfood member.

What did you eat at these places?  I love food details.

Keep posting!  You're doing a great job.

carlton pierre
  • Total Posts : 2500
Re:A Roadtrip from Chicago to Florida...eating our way across the USA! - Mon, 04/1/13 6:36 AM
Great start, Rosebud.  Please, more details!!  I was not familiar with Wendell Smith's in Nashville so you've given me a new place to look for.