Breakfast in Memphis. The Blue Plate Cafe.

Author
chickenplucker
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 203
2013/03/25 20:27:37 (permalink)

Breakfast in Memphis. The Blue Plate Cafe.

We had an opporunity to check out the downtown location of Blue Plate Cafe recently. The restaurant is just a
half block off the street car tracks in a lovely building that also doubles as an art gallery. Lots of beautifull art for sale. As soon as they get your drink order a basket of biscuits appears with a bowl of sausage gravy. The gravy was good although it could have used more sausage but the biscuits were thick and flaky,also VERY good. I had a bacon and cheddar omelet that was really good with plenty of bacon and sliced cheddar inside. The potatoes are called hash browns but are more what I call home fries. Either way they were perfectly done with a wonderful seasoning. Everyone working that morning was incredibly friendly and helpful.

2 Replies Related Threads

buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10515
    Re:Breakfast in Memphis. The Blue Plate Cafe. 2013/03/25 20:43:12 (permalink)
    Nice photos and report.  I have only eaten at the original suburban location.  In fact, I had no idea that there was a downtown location of Blue Plate Cafe.  Man, how good do those biscuits look!
    Earl of Sandwich
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 600
    Re:Breakfast in Memphis. The Blue Plate Cafe. 2013/08/27 05:47:46 (permalink)
    I've not been to Memphis for at least 3 years but I'll be heading that way in a few weeks and with a little more frequency from now on and this will be one of my first stops.  Looks really good!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1