Automated restaurant interface to be built, freely:

Junior Burger
Flagged as Spam (1)
2013/03/30 10:35:16
So that I'm not flagged for link spam, the campaign can be found on indiegogo.com by searching for "restaurant" or "automated interface". Or you can go to the website provided at the bottom for the link indirectly.

You can email me directly or comment here for any other questions.

This is the Automated Restaurant Interface. A high-speed user interface that allows you to:
Order Food/Refill (Remotely or Personally):

Order Food - Select "Order Food/Refill" to open the interface where you can see a list of meals and drinks, and order directly from the computer without having to request a waiter.

Refill Drinks/Add Plate - Select "Order Food/Refill" to have a waiter deliver a drink refill or additional meal/dish.

Remote Waiter Request (Remotely or Personally):

Order Confirmation - After ordering, you can request a waiter to make sure they received your meal request over the network via virtual video chat.

Order Status - Check the status of your meal - received, unpackaged, cooking, delivering - over a virtual video chat.

Request Waiter - Request a waiter personally or virtually at the click of a button.

Request Bill - Request a waiter deliver the bill at the click of a button.

Other Inquiries - Have any other questions? Simply click, "Request Waiter", to have someone respond either in person or over virtual video chat.

Restaurant Chat (Electronically):

Open Local Restaurant Chat - Open a local interface that allows you to comment with others or watch conversations in the restaurant or globally, if implemented.

Rate Meal/Share Pictures & Videos (Electronically):

Rate Meal - Give a meal/dish a thumbs up if it was to your tastes, down if it wasn't so pleasing.

Comment on Dish - If desired, you can leave a comment linked to a specific meal/dish, informing later customers of its quality.

View Pictures & Videos - When ordering, you have the option to view pictures and videos uploaded for said meal/dish.

Share Pictures & Videos - Upload pictures and videos connected to a specific meal/dish.

Browse the Web:

The ARI interface is network-based. After you are done using ARI for food purposes, you can then browse the web normally!

If you want to watch online videos, research food, get directions to another destination, or search for movies in your area you can do so all from the same interface!

*Note, the restaurant must have the provided network router connected to the internet in order for global browsing*

--
Regards,

Marc Brown Jr.
Mechatronics Engineering Inventor/ Innovator/ Programmer/ Designer/ Entrepreneur
ValeVarkaSystems.com

408-varkaHQ (408-827-5247)
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re:Automated restaurant interface to be built, freely: 2013/03/30 13:27:51
This is taking things WAY, WAY to far.
I don't need a freakin computer to ask a waitperson to refill my water.
All you gotta do is ask, "Hey honey, could I have some more water please?"
Oh, and YES, This is Spam too.
FriedTater
Cheeseburger
Re:Automated restaurant interface to be built, freely: 2013/03/30 13:36:55
What happened to good old customer service? The only good thing I see is I don`t have to tip anyone? Or is that automatic? I agree Foodme, this is spam.
macb6497
Junior Burger
Re:Automated restaurant interface to be built, freely: 2013/03/30 20:57:02
Foodbme

Foodbme and FriedTater's answers are WAY, WAY too biased and WAY, WAY too opinionated.

It directly says in the text: "will entertain curious customers and stay out of the way of traditional customers."

You are only including one aspect of ARI, more than 13 total (listed here directly), which is calling for a waiter. So, therefore, you cannot come to a proper conclusion no matter how many posts you have on roadfood.
macb6497
Junior Burger
Re:Automated restaurant interface to be built, freely: 2013/03/30 21:01:24
FriedTater

What happened to good old customer service? The only good thing I see is I don`t have to tip anyone? Or is that automatic? I agree Foodme, this is spam.

One side presented.

Propaganda/Spam
macb6497
Junior Burger
Re:Automated restaurant interface to be built, freely: 2013/03/30 21:05:56
For future visitors, the ARI interface isn't meant to replace anything, just add a convenience.

Bars are very good examples.

Do TV remotes, doorbells, car horns, etc, replace people?

Do online stores replace call center representatives?
cue
Hamburger
Re:Automated restaurant interface to be built, freely: 2013/03/30 22:25:34
It doesn't sound like spam to me.  Sounds like a young entrepreneur pushing his product, cut him some slack.  We are all the same,  entrepreneurs pushing our products.  Maybe not all young   On the other hand if you are breaking the rules by advertising your product here, you need to follow the rules.

I have actually been looking for this exact product for my restaurant.  We currently have telephones at all of our tables and the patrons order from there. (this is at my brick and mortar rest.)  In my situation, sadly, the talent is not there for waitresses.  The labor pool here is poor.  With this kind of system, the customer would get their order taken when they wanted, drinks refilled when they wanted and any extra items, when they wanted.  They would be entertained by games and what not at their table while they waited on their food. (I am thinking a tablet pc at each table in a case mounted to the table)
macb6497
Junior Burger
Re:Automated restaurant interface to be built, freely: 2013/03/31 08:21:38
cue

It doesn't sound like spam to me...  [[Cont.]]

Yes, and I understood that on roadfood, there would be a very thin line between advertising and trying to broadcast a new product; difference between talking about a new patent or the product itself.

But, the reason I went ahead was because it's more like a community event; I'm not the only one benefiting.

I wanted to get the ARI system installed into a restaurant at a very low, below $1,000, to 0 cost with the help of the communities.

Tablets are a great start, but they don't necessarily have the expansion capabilities of ARI and damage would mean the service or replacement of the entire tablet. With ARI you can upgrade individual components as you see fit. Bigger monitor needed, individual upgrade. More processing power or wifi capabilities, cheap, individual upgrades.

The provided list in my first post is, unbelievably, is only a limited number of the capabilities available with ARI.
cue
Hamburger
Re:Automated restaurant interface to be built, freely: 2013/03/31 09:51:29
Whats the platform you would use at each individual table?  A RasberryPi connected to a touchscreen monitor?  If any Mods want this moved I do not mind talking with him by IM.
macb6497
Junior Burger
Re:Automated restaurant interface to be built, freely: 2013/03/31 12:14:49
I replaced the touchscreen with a 15.6in monitor and "transferred" the touch features to a mini, keyboard-mouse (touchpad) combo. The keyboard combo is about the size of a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone, so very convenient in its usability and in being discreet when it comes to staying out of the way with a table full of food, something a regular keyboard would have a hard time doing.

The platform is a Mini-ITX computer mounted underneath the table with the monitor either being clamped to the edge of the table, mounted to the wall, or embedded in the table itself. The 3 main parts to the system are the mini ITX case, the monitor, and the keyboard-mouse (touchpad) combo.

I'm currently sticking with a full, mini ITX motherboard due to interchangeability and overall processing power. Customers already have to wait long enough for food in some places, a slow computer will make that worse. I would still check out the RasberryPis, though.
chefbuba
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Automated restaurant interface to be built, freely: 2013/03/31 12:47:19
macb6497

Foodbme

Foodbme and FriedTater's answers are WAY, WAY too biased and WAY, WAY too opinionated.

It directly says in the text: "will entertain curious customers and stay out of the way of traditional customers."

You are only including one aspect of ARI, more than 13 total (listed here directly), which is calling for a waiter. So, therefore, you cannot come to a proper conclusion no matter how many posts you have on roadfood.

I'd like to know how you find Foodbme and Tater's OWN OPINIONS too biased and opinionated?
I can't believe thet you are still here a day later trying to sell this crap.
You found one person that sounds interested in learning about automating his restaurant and you are dry humping his leg.

You are trying to sell a product, you even state that the colst would be <$1000

This is spam!

macb6497
Junior Burger
Re:Automated restaurant interface to be built, freely: 2013/03/31 12:57:15
Both Foodbme and FriedTator's answers refer to what they need and desire, not how ARI is good or bad.

Also, community events frequently sell food. Even though you would pay for the food there, it's getting the public event out to people that's the main idea. The public event would make money from the food they sell, even though it's not the main reason for having/broadcasting the event. It's to either bring people together, show new ideas, etc.

I'm sure you would like some of the technologies the military makes every week, but if they broadcasted that, would they be considered spamming too, or simply trying to help? That's probably why they don't help anymore.

The people who are making custom food trucks here are trying to sell a product, food. But, because they aren't asking you directly should that not be considered as spam? Should he also be dry humping everyone on this forum for giving information before anyone even asked about the food truck?

But, back to the main subject here...