New menu item

chewingthefat
  • Total Posts : 6093
  • Reward points : 0
New menu item - Sat, 04/6/13 4:58 PM
A Cornish Game Hen, we brine 24 hours, smoke, its stuffing is a Cornbread, sausage, onion, sage mixture. we make a gravy using the innards boiled and seasoned, lite roux, 2 sides. $12.99 1 bird $20.99 two. These Birds are really juicy, smokey, really a great Q menu item, don't know why I hadn't thought of it before!

kland01s
  • Total Posts : 2835
Re:New menu item - Sat, 04/6/13 5:28 PM
Not sure why but I have always had a aversion to Cornish game hens. Had a few way back 25 years ago, actually we used to grill them often but then we got a badly packaged few that smelled of amonia. That was it forever for us. Now, we don't eat fowl of any kind.

FriedClamFanatic
  • Total Posts : 1496
Re:New menu item - Sat, 04/6/13 5:44 PM
Personally...........lotta work for something I find has a minimal amount of meat.  Give me  a bone in chicken breast for the same or 3/4 the price with the way you did it and I'm happy.  Other than the size, I find with all the "fixins" it still tastes pretty much like chicken

ann peeples
  • Total Posts : 8317
Re:New menu item - Sat, 04/6/13 7:31 PM
Pretty expensive for a cornish hen......not much stuffing for a  tiny bird.And the price? Wouldnt order it.

Sundancer7
  • Total Posts : 13387
Re:New menu item - Sat, 04/6/13 8:09 PM
chewingthefat

A Cornish Game Hen, we brine 24 hours, smoke, its stuffing is a Cornbread, sausage, onion, sage mixture. we make a gravy using the innards boiled and seasoned, lite roux, 2 sides. $12.99 1 bird $20.99 two. These Birds are really juicy, smokey, really a great Q menu item, don't know why I hadn't thought of it before!

Chewy:  No offense but does that include liquor  Sorta pricey for a very small quail size bird.  I have had them before and personally, I could not tell the difference between them and a very small chicken.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN