Dogs A-foot in Port Townsend, WA

MissJohnnycakes
  • Total Posts : 37
  • Reward points : 0
Dogs A-foot in Port Townsend, WA - Fri, 04/12/13 10:21 PM
Downtown stand with basic outdoor seating and YUMMY grilled hot dogs on grilled buns. Part of what makes the dogs so tasty is that they have no off-flavors or mysterious gristly bits whatsoever, something that often turns me off about hot dogs. I always get the Ballpark or Footlong dogs plain. No ketchup, mustard, or anything else needed, although they have the full complement of condiments as well as specialty dogs and a few side orders. The meat is perfectly grilled, sizzling hot, and juicy, on a likewise perfectly grilled bun.

Then there's the location, only a short street-crossing to the sea and its ever-changing moods. Great people-watching, if you're into that, and sometimes street musicians. The reasonable price in a town that tends toward expensive food is also a welcome attribute. The owners themselves serve up the dogs with a cheerful smile.

I don't normally rave about hot dogs, but these are definitely worth putting on your list for a light lunch or a mid-afternoon snack. Not just for tourists!