New Brown Rice Triscuits versus The Old Standard....

Double Cheeseburger
2013/04/13 17:07:25
The former taste like trim from old wicker furniture. What was I thinking?
kland01s
Filet Mignon
Re:New Brown Rice Triscuits versus The Old Standard.... 2013/04/14 17:25:46
My partner bought 2 boxes yesterday, suckered by a coupon. We have yet to try them.
Pancho
Double Cheeseburger
Re:New Brown Rice Triscuits versus The Old Standard.... 2013/04/14 17:46:20
kland01s

My partner bought 2 boxes yesterday, suckered by a coupon. We have yet to try them.
I discovered today that squirrels on a gluten free diet devour them!

ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:New Brown Rice Triscuits versus The Old Standard.... 2013/04/14 20:05:15
I like Triscuits. I buy the original.
ScreamingChicken
Filet Mignon
Re:New Brown Rice Triscuits versus The Old Standard.... 2013/04/15 09:46:48
I tried the brown rice version a few weeks back and found that I like them much better when they're topped with cheese.  It seems to add a bit of balance.
Pancho
Double Cheeseburger
Re:New Brown Rice Triscuits versus The Old Standard.... 2013/04/15 11:17:32
ScreamingChicken

I tried the brown rice version a few weeks back and found that I like them much better when they're topped with cheese.  It seems to add a bit of balance.
An old leather flip flop would be better with cheese. Seriously, they are passable with some Vita pickled herring, but I'm going back to the old standard. I really like those olive oil/rosemary and the sea salt black pepper.

ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:New Brown Rice Triscuits versus The Old Standard.... 2013/04/15 13:31:11
I eat Tricuits naked. I like the Deli rye. If I have to eat any cracker with cheese, than it is not worth it.Just my opinion.
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:New Brown Rice Triscuits versus The Old Standard.... 2013/04/15 13:32:22
118 guests? Really?

Pancho
Double Cheeseburger
Re:New Brown Rice Triscuits versus The Old Standard.... 2013/04/15 13:51:26
ann peeples

I eat Tricuits naked. I like the Deli rye. If I have to eat any cracker with cheese, than it is not worth it.Just my opinion.
Got any pics?

MissJohnnycakes
Junior Burger
Re:New Brown Rice Triscuits versus The Old Standard.... 2013/04/18 02:59:03
Rye's my favorite, too, and same on the "naked" part. Have to admit I've used them as a bread substitute when I ran out of bread for a ham sandwich, and found that rye Triscuits with a thin sliver of ham on them make a great combo.

But I also recently tried the tomato-flavored version of the new brown rice Triscuits and they are delicious. Much of their appeal is in the crunch, which feels more like a potato chip or tortilla chip than a cracker. I only wish they would've omitted the sugar or whatever sweetener they obviously added. It makes them verge on tasting like junk food along the lines of Doritos.

ann peeples

kland01s
Filet Mignon
Re:New Brown Rice Triscuits versus The Old Standard.... 2013/04/18 16:49:22
I still have 2 unopened boxes that my partner got sucked in to because there was a coupon.
kland01s
Filet Mignon
Re:New Brown Rice Triscuits versus The Old Standard.... 2013/04/29 16:42:15
Ok, we opened one box and each had a cracker. Yuck.
kland01s
Filet Mignon
Re:New Brown Rice Triscuits versus The Old Standard.... 2013/05/03 16:12:47
We have now had a few crackers from each box, red pepper and rice with black pepper. They are going to the squirrels.